Search the forum,

Discuss ideal isar marc1 flue fitted to an ideal lodgic he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kendod

called out for a boiler cutting on and of irregular, heres what we found, land lord get his own handy man in to fix and bobs ur uncle, this was reported to the gas safe register and we were told unless their is an invititation sent to them to inspect it, their is no point in complaining, this boiler is back up and running with no remedials, happy flueing tenant . photo (41).JPG

no my friend i did not, i isolated it, filled in the correct paper work, attached a warning notic to it, explined to the tenant what the issue was and what was needed to rectify, told the letting agent what was required, it comes down to the landlords not wanting to hire a cherry picker to install the correct flue as it is expensive. so bob the builder has been in and re taped it up, and put it back on................................. magic

riddor him pmsl who you kidden, gas safe know about it mucker and cant do anything until they are invited into the premises, which they were to start with then declined access . its a joke mate more pictures to come mate. welcome to scotland where letting agents tell u to pass gas safety certs so they get their cash,landlords dont look after THEIR APPLIANCES and get them installed by illegal gas workers, collect their cash without hassle and if you do what i have done by not passing them and reporting them, ur out the door pmsl

its id imho as the inner flue wil corrode due to condensate, so u can id it again and transco will cut off! its what id do as u were the last gsr to work on it, be a pain in the bum, no one else will and its the tenants at risk

Agreed. Get it I.D. and if get transco round. RIDDOR it too. Just because other people are walk overs who won't do things right, doesn't mean we all have to be. It's only making the trade a harder place to work in.

If you filled in the correct paperwork then you should have capped it off. No good complaining when you haven't done your job properly, get it capped off as if something goes wrong you are going to be in trouble. I cant actually believe you would leave that appliance connected to the gas supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal isar marc1 flue fitted to an ideal lodgic he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock