Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal isar HE24 died, replacement alternatives ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vespa

Hi All,

I have been browsing this forum for a bit and noticed that Ideal have been generally been considered to be rubbish, it looks like mine is in that category, also the warm front scheme is now finished, indications are the PCB is out, no LED, no hot water, no central heating, only a humming noise and nothing else, I have since switched it off as it is not doing anything.

I am now looking at alternative to replace it, I have options of Worcester, Baxi and Vaillant boilers ?

I have been offered Main 25 HE, supply and fit for £1,200 seems like a good deal.

Is it from a gsr engineer and what type of system cleansing does that include?

Hi thanks for the quick reply, I believe he is GS registered, he hasn't mentioned system cleansing, just supply and fit, I would imagine the cleansing should be included in the job, I will clarify with him when he gets back to me, it is my intention to get at least 3 quotes before proceeding, not necessarily the cheapest job but the best job, in the long term its would be cheaper to do so.

I don't know much about Main 25 HE, there is very little on the internet about it, he recommend it however, that said I do like to make my choices carefully hence my posting here for an unbiased response.

Last edited by a moderator:
A boiler installed for £1200 is probably going to give you the same amount of gip as the Isar. Get it done properly this time.

The new ideal boilers are excellent. Would rather have a logic+ in my house than any baxi/Worcester product.

A boiler installed for £1200 is probably going to give you the same amount of gip as the Isar. Get it done properly this time.

The new ideal boilers are excellent. Would rather have a logic+ in my house than any baxi/Worcester product.
think my prices need to go up.if you have the main pay the extra £99 and get the warranty extended to 5 years

Interesting points, I am waiting on 2 more quotes, any questions I should ask them to save problems further down the road ?

I am glad there is a forum like this to help me to make an informed choice.

I usually install main combi 25/30 Eco. Never had a problem with them. And if you pay £99 you get 5 years extended warranty.

Generally speaking, warmfront installs weren't very good, so you need to make sure your installer checks gas is correctly sized for boiler, the system is cleaned and flushed with chemicals (not necessarily a powerflush), a magnetic filter installed and inhibitor added.

If you have a bath, get at least a 28kw boiler to improve HW performance over your 24.

Don't be put off Ideal boilers, the Isar was incredibly bad, but the logic+ is excellent and ideal customer services are very good with warranty repairs, unlike baxi. Warranty is 5 years, upgradable to 7 for £100. Worcesters are full of plastic and the condensates are more prone to freezing than most other manufacturers.

Last edited by a moderator:
get 3 or more quotes from local tradesmen and see what they say. You will want a magnetic fliter and a system chemical flush min. possibly an auto bypass, the condense re running as most warmfront installs ive seen have been run outisde when an internal waste is available.

Plumber came yesterday and replaced the PCB, its working again, costing me £199, which is ok I suppose and the part is guaranteed fro 12 month, giving me a bit of a breathing space especially at this time of the year, I have asked him and 3 oothers to give me a quote for a new boiler with an option to replace radiators, would that be worth it considering the radiators are about 10 year old ish.

At least I can take my time and not make it a rush job, I will still keep an eye on the boiler however for any further problems, whats the next thing thats likely to go on them ?

Welcome Vespa. Where are you based? Lots of good guys on here will be happy to help.

Welcome Vespa. Where are you based? Lots of good guys on here will be happy to help.
Hi Howsie, I am near Liverpool so any professional advice in that area would be good.

10 year old rads shouldnt need changing rads can last fifty years easy on a good system

I wasn't aware of that, from what the plumber said, different Boilers work with different radiators, I wasn't too sure on how accurate that is, I must admit I didn't get it serviced as regular as I should, he did open the sump drain and showed some metal bits in the bowl, which I think has made me seriously look to getting a service contract, if I do a chemical flush each year as well it should be fine ? he did mention that it would cost £400 to change the radiators on top of the boiler exchange. at least from you, your opinion is unbiased as your are not planning to clinch a sale on here.

Hi Howsie, I am near Liverpool so any professional advice in that area would be good.

I wasn't aware of that, from what the plumber said, different Boilers work with different radiators, I wasn't too sure on how accurate that is, I must admit I didn't get it serviced as regular as I should, he did open the sump drain and showed some metal bits in the bowl, which I think has made me seriously look to getting a service contract, if I do a chemical flush each year as well it should be fine ? he did mention that it would cost £400 to change the radiators on top of the boiler exchange. at least from you, your opinion is unbiased as your are not planning to clinch a sale on here.
haha another new one on me, had 4 in the past 2 days now. get someone who knows what they are doing please :)

haha another new one on me, had 4 in the past 2 days now. get someone who knows what they are doing please :)

Thanks guess what this forum is for, to prevent the innocent customers from being deluded.

4 like that in the past 2 days ? something in the air maybe :)

Thanks guess what this forum is for, to prevent the innocent customers from being deluded.

4 like that in the past 2 days ? something in the air maybe :)
haha yes, makes me think of mad march hares ;) ;)

Hi Vespa,
Exactly where 'Near Liverpool'
I'm in St Helens WA10
Would be happy to give you a quote :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal isar HE24 died, replacement alternatives ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
I’ve had an Ideal Vogue 32max/gen2 system boiler to a Megaflo fitted a week and running it at Flow temp 73 degrees to getting a return temp of about 55 degrees C, I’m seeing the LCD screen saying the efficiency level is only 25-28%. Has anyone else seen such a low percentage? I know for a fact...
Replies
Views
Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we don’t find we are using more than one shower or bath at a time. Our plan is to do this when the current boiler needs replacing (probably in the next...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal Isar He30 ( yes I know they are crap!) the boiler works but the contol panel asppears to be dead, the DHW and CH temperature controls have no effect and the boiler runs at max temp on both DHW and CH. I have repalced the display/contol panel and it still appearsto be dead. Would...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock