Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Isar HE24/30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sammy

Hi All,

I have one of these boilers at home, and have noticed recently, the hot water hasn't been working right. The PCB was replaced about 9 months ago, and the Gas Venturi Fan was replaced 12 months ago, and all has been fine on the heating side, but i'm struggling to get hot water out of it. The hot water will flow warm for a couple of minutes, not hot with the dial up full, and then go cold again while even the central heating is on or off. The only thing I could think off the top of my head, is that since the PCB was replaced, since it was upgraded revision from the one that came out, is it possible a jumper on the PCB isn't set right?

Otherwise, what would cause this problem?

I doubt it will be anything to do with the PCB, more than likely a diverter valve issue. You need a RGI to take a look at it I'm afraid.

Could be a faulty diverter valve or blocked heat exchanger - although I'm sure one of the other GSR's with more experience will be along shortly.

I take it that all work has been carried out by a registered gas installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Isar HE24/30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An engineer with very good reviews came round and says it will cost 700+VAT for 'replacement expansion vessel, pressure relief valve and diverter valve on...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living there. It was installed in March of 2015 so it is 8 years old. I believe life expectancy for a typical hot water heater is around 10 - 12 years so I...
Replies
Views
Hi there I fitted a Sanicompact 43 about10 years ago. A few years ago i noticed that it would intermittently activate in the middle of the night so I fitted a simple pull cord swith to turn it off at night About a month ago I recently had a blockage so pulled it apart and cleaned everything...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock