Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Icos HE18 no display? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sma

[h=1]hi my Ideal Icos boiler has recently stoped working, there is no lights on the display and there is 240v supply to it and no fuses have blown, ANY IDEAS?? I'm thinking the worst and i think the pcb has gone, but what would cause this to go?:banghead:[/h]

hi,
what causes it to go? its an icos...

the pcb may well have gone but dont be tempted to fit it yourself as it actually controls the gas and emissions of the boiler. sounds straight forward but still has to be rated after installing.
it will cost around an hours labour to fit and whatever for the primary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most probably the PCB. But as Redsaw has said, you will still need a Gas Safe Engineer to do the work.

If all connections and fuses are sound. Then as above almost definitely the board has gone.
Ideal boards are notorious for poor quality boards amongst other faults.
Call an engineer and give him details of your boiler so he can make sure he has board in van to save him 2 trips.

You can check the price of the pcb here..not cheap.
[DLMURL="http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/Catalogue/IDEAL-BOILER-SPARES/BOILERS-WALL-MOUNTED-std/ELISE-range/ELISE-H15-/PCB-PRIMARY-CONTROL-KIT"]PCB PRIMARY CONTROL KIT - Gas Appliance Spares (Preston) Ltd[/DLMURL]

You can check the price of the pcb here..not cheap.
[DLMURL="http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/Catalogue/IDEAL-BOILER-SPARES/BOILERS-WALL-MOUNTED-std/ELISE-range/ELISE-H15-/PCB-PRIMARY-CONTROL-KIT"]PCB PRIMARY CONTROL KIT - Gas Appliance Spares (Preston) Ltd[/DLMURL]

Ditto what everyone else say. I have fitted about half a dozen of these this year to various icos/ isar boilers. I even fitted one that packed up again a month later which I exchanged F.O.C..
Customers usually baulk when you give them the bill no doubt thinking that you have marked the part up which is not the case.

I had a training afternoon yesterday on the new Ideal Logic. The Ideal rep said the guy who designed the Icos/Isar no longer works for the company (I guess he was sacked or told to leave). They have invested heavily in the design of the new PCB to get over the mistakes they made with the Isar/Icos and admitted they were terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Icos HE18 no display? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock