Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Icos HE12 Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ian W

Hi

Our boiler has been misbehaving for the last couple of days. I have tried following th fault finder in the user guide but do not get any of the fault codes in the guide.

We have a Honeywell ST9400C Programmer and a Honeywell HCW 80 Wireless Thermostat. The whole system was installed June 2010 and has been serviced in June 2011 and June 2012.

We have not been getting any heating or hot water for most of the time,just occasionally get both on for a short while. I have found though that if I turn hot water off completely using the mode selection switch then the heating works OK. Likewise if I turn the heating off using the mode selection switch the hot water works OK. When both are on I get nothing. Using the override button to turn them off doesn't work, it has to be the mode selection switch.

Any ideas and what is it likely to cost?

To give you a cost the fault needs to be properly diagnosed. Do you have a three port motorised valve?

It could be a problem with the valve head.

It's more common for the valve to play up than the programmer. But as I said it could do with checking out with a multimeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Icos HE12 Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Turned the system from hot water only, to hot water and central heating the other day. After it working briefly, it has now stopped all together. The display isnt showing a fault or anything - it is just blank. After reading the service guide that came with it - I am confident there is power...
Replies
Views
James Middleton
J
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'd appreciate advice on what the potential issue could be with this boiler. Its a heat only Ideal Icos 18 fitted to an open vent system It had been switched off during the summer and had occassionally been used to heat water. Turned it one a few days ago and I could smell some...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock