Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal HE24 LF failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Ideal HE24 is getting persistent LF failures yet again. The condensate drain is clear, there are no gurgling noises or anything odd when it is running. It usually fails to start when reset, just going through the cycles until it LFs again. However is the inner cover is removed it invariably restarts. In fact just removing one screw and lifting the cover slightly is enough to restart it.

I've had engineers out to fix it but the problem always returns after a couple of months so I've had enough and it will be replaced. However my question is would it be safe until then to run the boiler with the lid slightly ajar?

Since the bottom of the casing is open for wiring, pipes etc it's clearly not airtight. And it's certainly not watertight! So it looks to me as though the casing is just to keep out prying fingers and reduce noise. As the boiler is in the loft these are not of concern - so would it be OK?

Also if anyone can see why opening the case should affect starting I'd like to know as it makes no sense to me. ( the ignition wiring is intact and not trapped by the casing ).

dont even think about it, if the boiler was to go wrong in that a flue issue arose, you would be in dead trouble, apart from you not having any insurance cover if you managed to set the place alight and your insurers found part of the boiler fire resistant covering open. Just get someone in who knows how to repair an ideal boiler now.

Fair enough so that's a no no.

Mind you, getting anyone to work on an Ideal boiler is not easy. Even Ideal are less keen ( and more expensive ) these days. The serious problem seems to be they're just rubbish boilers. And I have two of them!

So this one's heading for the scrap heap.

You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a private message to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal HE24 LF failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock