Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal HE24 - How to repressurize in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Our pressure has hit 0 so I'm looking to repressurize it. I've done a bit of reading and what I should see is a metal braided pipe with levers.

As you can see under the boiler there is no such pipe. Inside the boiler behind the PCB etc there is such a pipe but with no levers.

Can someone please let me know what I need to do in order to repressurize?
0.jpg

fgf.jpg

Thanks!

Cylinder cupboard looking for a silver flexi

Thanks for the reply but I'm not totally understanding what you mean - behind the PCB I can see the silver flexi but it has not levers etc. and what do you mean by "cylinder cupboard"?

Yea that’s nothing

You have a system boiler and a cylinder so can we have a pic of the cylinder cupboard please as your boiler isn’t a Combi

Ah OK - I've taken a look in the cupboard and can't see a silver flexi anywhere. Picture of what it looks like. I also vaguely remember some years ago a plumber showing us re pressurising using the unit downstairs I showed in the original pictures but can't remember the process. Thanks for your help so far! :)
0.jpg
0.jpg

[automerge]1570104096[/automerge]
And just to add, when I was shown how to do this the plumber did not show us a silver flexi.

From memory it was done underneath the downstairs unit (first image I posted) - Is it a case of closing off both of the valves (far left and far right) then opening the grey plastic valve (water drain I think). I have tried that only for a few seconds and water did come out after opening the grey plastic valve but I'm worried I'm doing something I shouldn't - no visible change to the pressure gauge though, but as I say I only opened it for a second or two and only water came out.

Last edited:
Have a look under the kitchen sink or units below the boiler
I've checked under the kitchen sink, in the cupboards underneath and beside the boiler, underneath and inside the boiler itself and in the cupboard upstairs with the tank and can't find it anywhere.

As I say I am almost 100% sure that the plumber who showed us did not do anything with a silver flexi and it was simply turning the valves under the boiler itself. Maybe something to do with the isolation valves & plastic valve?? Just wish I could remember what he showed us...

no as there is no cold supply to your boier its not a combi it has to be somewhere near either in a cupboard under the boiler or somewher in in the cylinder cupboard
[automerge]1570108695[/automerge]
the boiler pressure rose slightly because of the pump kicking in it then increased because water expands as it gets hot. messing with those valves under the boiler will do nothing they are just isolator valves one on the flow one the return the one in the middle is gas, foregt the boiler and look elswhere. do any of your neighbours have the same system if so ask them

this looks just like an install i used to work on on an estate in north manchester the filling loop was
under the sink. its not under or in the boiler as there is no cold mains there. other possible is at the top of the boiler.

No don’t do this will cause more harm than good wear the pump

What’s this under the insulation I see a silver valve maybe

Attachments

• 4084A12D-DC0C-48B5-B3AD-04512F5ED232.jpeg
    4084A12D-DC0C-48B5-B3AD-04512F5ED232.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 9
merging the posts doesnt work as some of my answers end up in the wrong place and dont look as though they answer that query

Cheers for the response - looked under the kitchen sink but 100% not there. Also looked on top of the boiler, and again nothing there. As I say, when we were shown what to do I'm sure it was something to do with the valves under the boiler - any chance there is a way to raise pressure by opening one or the other or both?
[automerge]1570108381[/automerge]
So I turned the boiler on and the pressure jumped to 0.25, I tried turning the left isolation valve and the pressure rose to 1 but then when I turned the valve back it dropped down to 0.25 again. Am I at least heading along the right route here? :D

Last edited:
No messing with the valves will have no effect as the guys have said there will be a braided hose with a valve on each end which is attached to the mains cold water and into the heating return pipe work , it must be there somewhere . Kop

Reply to Ideal HE24 - How to repressurize in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock