Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal HE18 Boiler issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Benjamin's

Please advise.
We have an Ideal HE18 boiler which is only 3years old. The issue we have is the boiler is showing the letter 'C' but is failing to light up the boiler so no flashing then permanent blue light. I think it's an issue with the hot water side of things as twice over the last 3 days we have woken up to Luke warm water but with the central heating working.

Further to this we have an issue with the central heating failing to come on when we set the timer to auto. If we put the heating on continuous it will work fine. If we set it via the auto option it will work until its programmed to turn off and then not come on again at the required time. To get it working we have to turn the boiler off at the boiler then the mains, leave it for 30secs then turn it on for it to kick into life. We have been told it could be the valve in the airing cupboard, but aren't sure.

With Winter fast approaching we are keen to get these issues resolved.

Your help and advice on either or both issues will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like it could be a control issue a decent heating engineer should pin point it in a few minutes.

Millsy,
When you say a 'control issue' do you mean the programmer or something within the boiler?
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Controls are generally programmer, thermostats, motorised valves.
As Millsy said, a competent engineer should find the fault quickly.

Be careful if you tamper with the installation without appropriate competence, you may do more harm than good.

Mountainman,
Thanks for that. We we're advised that it could be the motorised valve for the Central Heating as it shows signs of having water leaking onto it at sometime in the past and could have affected the internal micro switches, however this doesn't explain the issue with the hot water.

It could also be the flux capacitor but unless you engage the services of someone competent then you could be throwing money at the wrong component.

The recommendation did come from a heating engineer, however I think it could be more than just that. Was hoping for more hints or pointers as to where or what could be causing it. Basically, I was after a second opinion.

Quality, that's what I'm trying to do. Don't suppose you know anyone in the Ely (Cambridgeshire) area?

Opinions on an internet forum are just that, opinions not diagnoses.

My opinion is that you need to get someone who is competent to visit and diagnose the fault.

I do appreciate that you can't diagnose a fault over a forum without seeing the boiler and fault/issue. I was purely after advise and where to go from here.

If you post a request here:
[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

someone local on the forum should be able to diagnose and fix it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal HE18 Boiler issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock