Search the forum,

Discuss ideal elan casing seal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimbob7

anyone any idea where i could get a suitable casing seal for my ideal elan balanced flue boiler? The old one is just an asbestos/rope type of thing but its getting a bit worn now & needs replacement.
I know the boiler is 27 years old but I dont want to replace it with a modern unreliable piece of crap that is lucky to last 6 or 7 years!
The old Elan may not be as efficient in gas usage but overall it works out cheaper & more reliable!

Its my own boiler in my own house!
If you cant answer my question thats fine! Just move on to the next one.

It doesn't matter if its your own boiler in your own home. You can't touch it mate. There are loads of checks you will have to do after you alter a case seal and I bet you know none of them.

It makes no difference to me weather or not you work on your own boiler, but it would be pretty selfish of you to work on your own boiler and put other people's lives at risk.

For the sake of a few quid get a professional in to do it, if you do it your self then your stupid. Make sure you have a CO alarm as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal elan casing seal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
require my ng heat only 28kw floor standing glow-worm back flue boiler still working (25 years old) replacing with a suitable back flue ng heat only boiler, Location Arnold, Nottingham
Replies
Views
I've a client with a rusty 20yr+ old Certikin 180 (44kw) oil pool boiler that needs changing. Certikins replacement looks like it is the exact same boiler. It has a riello r40 burner and non condensing 85% efficient boiler... Oftec say it wouldn't be compliant and would have to contact Building...
Replies
Views
Our current boiler is 19 years old (and a piece of Rubbish) Had a guy round today from Energy Options Solutions that offered us an Ideal 30kw Logic Boiler on 10 year finance with 10 year warranty. They claimed it would save us 54% minimum on our gas bill per month and we would have a magnetic...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch 24Ri regular boiler (open vent) which is 10 years old. It has been pretty reliable with only one fault (the fan unit gave up after 9 years) in last 10 years. It's also had one new burner, rubber seals and electrodes changed in services. I have noted that it's best to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock