Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal classic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Westy

Got a gravity feed hot water with sealed ch system which keeps building pressure since I changed to rads.
changed expansion vessel to a 12 lt made no difference.
pump working and 3 port working
if it was the vessel the pressure would drop and over flow the feed and expansion tank on the hot water.
any ideas ppl cheers westy

what did you have before rads were installed?????????????????????????????????????, when you changed to rads:)

Last edited by a moderator:
How many radiators are connected to the system?

So when you turn the c/h off, and everything cools down, does the pressure drop down to near zero? Or does it constantly stay up at 3 bar?

1.6 bar on ev
the pressure does not go down a lot about 0.2 bar
7 rads

1.6bar air pressure in the expansion vessel? Did you check that with the system pressure drained off? Seems quite high for the air side, but if the water pressure was high it would give you a false air pressure reading.

Does the pressure increase when the heating is turned off?

So, does the pressure increase when the heating is off?

Is possible 1.6 bar air pressure is too high and not allowing the diaphragm to compress. Try setting at 0.9 bar and see what happens.

Hose not blocked as its a 22 mm pipe to
will try dropping the pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal classic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn back and it repeats itself. had boiler checked and told it was the expansion vessel. Had the expansion vessel drained and recharged. plumber told me...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some days/ weeks it’s fine and works fine all of the time but on the odd occasion it’s been running cold in the following sequence. It fires up the boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock