Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal classic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Westy

Got a gravity feed hot water with sealed ch system which keeps building pressure since I changed to rads.
changed expansion vessel to a 12 lt made no difference.
pump working and 3 port working
if it was the vessel the pressure would drop and over flow the feed and expansion tank on the hot water.
any ideas ppl cheers westy

what did you have before rads were installed?????????????????????????????????????, when you changed to rads:)

Last edited by a moderator:
How many radiators are connected to the system?

So when you turn the c/h off, and everything cools down, does the pressure drop down to near zero? Or does it constantly stay up at 3 bar?

1.6 bar on ev
the pressure does not go down a lot about 0.2 bar
7 rads

1.6bar air pressure in the expansion vessel? Did you check that with the system pressure drained off? Seems quite high for the air side, but if the water pressure was high it would give you a false air pressure reading.

Does the pressure increase when the heating is turned off?

So, does the pressure increase when the heating is off?

Is possible 1.6 bar air pressure is too high and not allowing the diaphragm to compress. Try setting at 0.9 bar and see what happens.

Hose not blocked as its a 22 mm pipe to
will try dropping the pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal classic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock