Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Classic HE18 Central Heating Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shrimpd

Hi,

I have an Ideal Classic HE18 boiler that was installed in October 2005. Generally we have not had any issues with it but have noticed recently that especially when CH is called for that the boiler will ignite for approx 1-2 mins and then switch off again and then repeat this each time. The main pump is running and is on max speed as we thought it could be that the water is not being pumped away from the boiler quick enough. However the water temp after it switches off is not even hand hot ?

Eventually the water does become hot but can take up to 90 mins to get there. Has anyone else seen this problem before ?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello Dave and welcome to the forums.

I'm afraid we cannot and will not give advice on the repair of boilers except to other gsr's who have proven the fact.

The best advice I can give you is to call a gas safe registered engineer to look at your boiler.

Away from the boiler, have you bled all the air out of the radiators?

Away from the boiler, have you bled all the air out of the radiators?

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for the reply...

Yes, we have bled the radiators, but they seem to need this fairly regularly. Also the expansion vessel does need topping up regularly even though there does not appear to be a leak anywhere in the system.

Could having air in the system affect the boiler starting up ?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Croppie,

Thanks for the reply...I wasn't looking to repair the boiler myself, just for any advice as to whether the problem was likely to be the boiler or if there was something external that would cause this problem.

I have already had a gas safe engineer out to look at it, but even he wasn't sure what was causing the issue.

Thanks...

Dave

What's the pressure like on the pressure gauge? Is it forever up and down and on zero. If that's the case point your gsr to this fact.

Sounds like you have more than one problem, topping up water pressure could be leak on system or fault with boiler, how is it when running for hot water ? if takeing a long time to heat up could be a boiler fault or problem with gas supply, You need to call in a GSR to check it out. Ask on here should be someone close by who could call in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Classic HE18 Central Heating Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock