Search the forum,

Discuss hybrid liverpool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alby-shellshear

looking into doing a gas course at hybrid in liverpool went for interview to discuss course and fees, very happy with what i saw but could anybody give me any info on this course and wether its worth the cost, any feedback would be apreciated;)

20 days practical and theory in training centre
home study exercises
work placement
3 day revision course
up to 4 days assessment
full tutor support
achievable qualifications
NICEIC ACS Cert core gas safty (CCN1)
NICEIC ACS Cert domestic central heating and boilers(CEN1)
NICEIC ACS Cert water heaters (WAT1)
NICEIC ACS Cert cookers (CKR1)
NICEIC ACS Cert heaters (HTR1)
NICEIC ACS Cert combustion performance analysis (CPA1)
NICEIC Cert basic & advnced combination boiler fault finding
NICEIC Cert essential electrics
NICEIC Cert energy efficiency (partL)
All for £4125

thanks fuzzy can you sugest a good course provider in north west

plenty of colleges can give you that lot for less, prob is your work experience, i think its that your paying for.
tbh the part p may be worth another £800 depending on the version, not sure the value of it though

20 days practical and theory in training centre
home study exercises
work placement
3 day revision course
up to 4 days assessment
full tutor support
achievable qualifications
NICEIC ACS Cert core gas safty (CCN1)
NICEIC ACS Cert domestic central heating and boilers(CEN1)
NICEIC ACS Cert water heaters (WAT1)
NICEIC ACS Cert cookers (CKR1)
NICEIC ACS Cert heaters (HTR1)
NICEIC ACS Cert combustion performance analysis (CPA1)
NICEIC Cert basic & advnced combination boiler fault finding
NICEIC Cert essential electrics
NICEIC Cert energy efficiency (partL)
All for £4125

If this is true it is a disgrace and i'm not talking about the money:mad:

i hear yu tamz, but this is what some centress are doing, no C&G trade quals as i can see, short cut at the expence of the sector

you wont get better training than hybrid best around for me very thourer,dont let you go to next stage without nowing what your doing,and they ask you loads of questions and test ye to make sure.
plus why do you need loads of plumbing quals and pay a centre/ collage £4000 thats what a mate of mine is doing when there are loads of people with nothing but are good at there job i started off in the merchants learning all the fittings,diffrent types of boilers systems etc worked my wey up to assistant manager then went working with people for few yrs as well as on my own then went on my own full stop and still work with people now on big jobs if i need to no owt i look it up been in the trade 7yrs now plus few yrs with a builder when younger

Last edited by a moderator:
no gasman they carnt promise nothing,but kenny goes out of his way to help ye,usually its he who gets let down and its not all done dead quick, it takes ages to get your acs all done properly most of them are ex british gas or something to do with corgi vast experience and top blokes who treat ye rite,i would drive anyone mad with my way of doing stuff but they helped me

That place is closed down. And good riddence to centres like that too!
They're one of the main catalysts behind cowboy set ups in not only the Gas Industry but Plumbing too!
Not saying EVERYONE is a cowboy in the industry soley because of them.... however...
Other centres such as PFL in Speke (recently taken over by North West Training Council)
both operate on a strict basis that you must have prior experience albeit Plumbing because it includes a Gas Qual at Level 3 NVQ....
or be working within the gas industry before they allow you on the course and thats not being snobby or stuck up.....
It's to prevent the likes of your DIY enthusiast or Bank Clerk or Retired Copper setting up their own outfit and claiming to be an experienced Gas Engineer,
then going out and killing some poor bugger, who like the newly self-proclaimed Gas expert.... knew sweet F-A about it a few weeks beforehand!!
It's a tried & tested recognised process of Education, Work based experience and Quality Assessment that makes a TRUE Gas Engineer....
Not some training centre charging whatever they like, taking anyone they like and sending them out on "Work Experience??!! "

If you want a TRUE and unbiased opinion on ANY centres like that.... Just go and ask a time served Tradesman.... and see what they say!
It won't be far off whats above.

Thats a LOT more than 1400 quid mate!!
The ACS bit alone is around 800!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hybrid liverpool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock