Search the forum,

Discuss Hudson Reed PW305 - Help required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Orca4ian

Hi

I'm struggling to access the inside of this tap in order to change the cartridge. Would be grateful to hear from anyone who has fitted one previously.

Designer-Xeta-Mono-Basin-Mixer-Medium.jpg

At a guess unscrew the grub screw below the handle and remove, then undo chrome ring and you should be able to remove the cartridge from there.

I'd already got far, but the domed ring underneath doesn't turn. I've also tried to turn the top section and thats solid as well ?
2015-07-05%2016.05.49.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-07-05 16.05.49.jpg
    2015-07-05 16.05.49.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 17
Try there technical help line. You don't want to damage it.

undo the top ring then you can access the internals. use an oil filter removing tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hudson Reed PW305 - Help required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock