Search the forum,

Discuss How to take off this Danfoss Ras-C2 TRV? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paul10590

I know this is a danfoss ras-c2, pic attached, but how do I take it off? The reason why I want to is because it's not isolating the radiator. Have completely closed the lockshield valve but even with the TRV at 0 (past frost setting) it still lets radiator fill so I want to take TRV and check out the pin...

I've tried turning number 2 (see picture) clockwise with hand only and it doesn't budge??

danfoss.jpg

There should be a little allen key bolt at the back just underneath the white head, on the bit you've labelled number 2!

Last edited by a moderator:
are you serious an allen key to take a head off ,well you learn something new everyday lol

I can feel "something" at the back of the part labelled number 2, but that's only with my finger. It's just enough room to fit a finger, gonna be fun with an allen key :/

sorry mate I have never seen a TRV that needs an allen key to take the head off but I will bow to your superior knowledge

Yea they usually give you a really small allen key in the box when you fit. Not something that you would keep! Maybe your local merchants might be able to 'borrow' one out of a box for you if you ask them nicely. Good luck!

I just downloaded this from their site and they dont show one in the picture ,
highly accurate temperature control.
Sensor mounting requires no tools, simply press
the sensor onto the valve body and hand tighten a
clamping ring to secure.

I'm just going from memory so I may be wrong. Pretty sure there is one tho!

Just to say, you are 110% correct JonM. Had allen key set, tried various ones, 2nd to smallest worked great, came off a treat. Thankyou!!

well you maybe right but what a dumb idea how are you suppose to get to that if its tight against a wall ,get a mirror and check

Agreed gasmarc, just marked my wall all behind it doing it as turning the allen key was completely against the wall...nevermind, off now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to take off this Danfoss Ras-C2 TRV? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. Very specific question... Got a RAS-C2 where the pin will only move a fraction of a mil and no amount of the usual tapping/WD40 will help. So looking to change the gland rather than the whole TRV. Has anyone here changed a RAS-C2 gland before? There doesn't seem to be anything to grip...
Replies
Views
I’m planning to drain down my system to replace the 3 way valve which has been buzzing away for months and occasionally sticking. While I’ve got the radiators drained I was hoping to also swap out a TRV which has been unreliable since it was first fitted a few years ago. All the other TRVs are...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two separate TRVs I have tried, which happen to be... Basic programmable Bluetooth one that uses a motorised push-pin. Old basic TRV with settings 0-5. On...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! I purchased this steam vent valve: Hoffman Steam Air Vent 40, 1/8" Angle Steam Radiator Air Valve 401440. Installed it and the hissing is much reduced but now, the hissing happens every 10-20 seconds for about two seconds. Its annoying enough to wake me up at night (I wish I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock