Search the forum,

Discuss Washing Machine Drain Hose in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

I have found that the drain hose from the washing machine is being squashed. This is preventing the washing machine from draining.
How can I stop this from happening? The main problem is the washing machine is a tight fit and has to be pushed right back as far as possible.
Any ideas?

Jim

Depending on where the drain hose comes out, sometimes there is a recess at the back of the machine where you can run the hose do it doesn’t get squashed. Often this is low down, then you have to make sure that you run the hose to a sufficient height after this before it terminates- usually using the pre-formed arch that comes with the machine for this purpose.

Thanks for your replies. I have cut a recess in the adjoining cupboard to allow a better angle for the drain hose to go to the sink. Hopefully this will prevent it being squashed.

Reply to Washing Machine Drain Hose in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs toilet which is next door. We have moved the washing machine as we are having floor tiles put down and have noticed that the waste pipe is full of dark...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
Hi My washing machine is 5m away from the water mains copper pipe/valve. I've currently got a long blue inlet hose connecting the washing machine to the copper pipe/valve. Is this OK or should I get more copper pipe added and then use a shorter blue in let hose to connect the 2?
Replies
Views
Hello I have ran my washing machine through the autoclean - i have added special detergent like Dr Beckmann yet still have bad smell from washing machine - i have also drained the water that sits in the bottom - any ideas? Could it be a piping issue? Many thanks!
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock