Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water timer setting advice Ideal Icos, hot water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nbdoris

Hello,
I am looking to save money on my gas bill and would like to know the recommended timer settings for my system.
Boiler: Ideal Icos HE24
Hot water tank: "Macdonald engineers" please see attached images

IMAG0356.jpgIMAG0355.jpg

2 adults, 1 child in home
Adults shower each morning, and child baths every other day at 7pm.

How long should I set the hot water timer to run each day, and at what times?

Any advice given would be much appreciated

Neil

Get someone to have a look at the leak on they cylinder

That's my best advice

It's a thermal store not a cylinder so will need to run for longer so that the hot water performance doesn't suffer when the heating comes on.

Thanks for your response. I have had a central heating engineer look at it. He is willing to tackle it but says it is risky. If it goes badly I could and up needing a new tank and I don't have a spare thousand quid. What do you think? How risky is it ?

Hi. Thanks for you response. How long do you think ? I have it set for 1 hour in morning and 4 hours in evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water timer setting advice Ideal Icos, hot water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only (rads are electric). In the 5 years that I’ve lived at this property, I’ve never once turned the boiler off; however, with soaring energy prices, I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor circulating the hot water. There are two wall-mounted time adjustment thingies—one for hot water and heating, and the other for the motor. Oh, and...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock