Search the forum,

Discuss Hot Water Tank leaking - Please Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darran

I have a Fortec F4 combination Hot water tank in my airing cupboard which is dripping from the bottom.

the water seems to be coming from the foam coating round the tank and not from any fittings, Is there anything i can do to repair the tank, ie add some central heating leak sealer to the header tank.

or does it mean a new tank

Its a new tank Darran, in the old days we could repair it with a lead wiped patch but this is not possible now.

Eco

What about the leak sealer, is it worth a try just to get me over christams

on no account add central heating sealer to he tank as the tank supplies your hot water for washing and bathing. you need a new tank i'm afraid as ecowarm has already stated.

What do you think it will cost to replace as i cant find any details of this tank on the internet

Google Fortic F4. I think you'll find the tank alone is going to cost around ÂŁ500, then there will be fitting on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot Water Tank leaking - Please Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot water to our plastic header tank in the loft every time we turned the heating on. We first noticed an issue with a leak in our bedroom ceiling which we...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked overflow/expansion pipe. Hence the header tank then reaches the overflow level and the overflow trickles out. I have changed the ball valve washers thinking it was...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water, so we have the main water tank in the airing cupboard, plus a small pressurised (I think) tank. The smaller one has been leaking for several years leaving rusty water on the outside & on towels in the cupboard. The system also keeps losing pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock