Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water tank connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobjayes

Hi guys wondering if you can help. I've installed a salamander pump which is required to run in a negative mode. The pump feeds a shower in a loft conversion.The hot water cyclinder is located on the same level at the shower base along with the pump. The base of the cold water tank is sitted some 10" above the hot water outlet of the hot tank via a Salamander S flange. The pump stops after some 15 seconds with a warning light on the pump flashing to indicate cronic areation. Just spoke with Salamander who now advise I cant use an S flange (although they told me in the first place) due restricted height of cold tank to hot and that I should use a non stop essex flange . These seem a pain to fit is there an easier side entry flange that will which screws in or can something be adapted.
Sorry for lenght of post

just re read your post sorry. Id check the supply pipe flexi connections for filter blockage, isolate the water on the built in valve on the pump hose,take off the hose completely and run it full bore into a bucket, it sounds like its partialy blocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a typical female salamandar pump to me. Is it an ESP pump? I fitted load sof these but now my supplier has changed the spec and dumped salamandar. There is a God!

An Essex flange is not difficult to fit. It will take longer to drain the tank below the level.
Just do it.
Btw Check the feed size. It should be 28mm.

Thanks Guys for your comment, it is an ESpCVP75 pump. I've checked the filters on the hot and cold inputs even following advice from Salamander reversed inputs to hot and cold connections on the pump to check if it was a faulty impeller on the hot side but the problem still persists, ran outputs straight into bucket and again pump shuts down. I didn't know there was a minimum height requirement from S flange to bottom of water tank of 1.5 meters according to Salmander. As installed in loft I've a fix height.
Seems a essex flange is needed but all internet info on fitting one suggest it a pain to install and possiblility of droping fixings in the tank. hence my concern . As i have a side 1" thread connection on tank I was hoping for a screw type solution,
many thanks for the help

If you already have an 1" tapping on the side ie it is a direct cylinder, use a 1" x 28mm male iron to connect to the cylinder. Use a yorkshire reducer with the stop filed out to allow you to insert the draw off into the centre of the cylinder.

Many thanks for the advice, your right it is a direct water cyclinder. What your suggesting sound ideal, I'll give it a go,
Thanks again Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water tank connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock