Search the forum,

Discuss hot water on combi boiler setting query in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning, I have a query about the water dial on my boiler bought a few months ago (Vokera Easi-Heat Plus 25C Boiler) and apologies for no pictures. My hot water is fed via the combi boiler and cold water is mains fed.
There are two dials under the flap one is for hot water and the other for the radiators and each dial has 10 small dots around the dial for the temperature.
I am trying to figure out the hot water temp and which dot it should be on (the water has become colder in the hot water feed via the combi perhaps due to colder weather) and what could the maximum temp for the last dot on the dial be as I don't want to damage the boiler or burn myself.

Can anyone help me out on this and what is the maximum temp on the hot water dial so I know where to set it, any information would be really appreciated.

Can anyone help me out on this and what is the maximum temp on the hot water dial so I know where to set it, any information would be really appreciated.
According to the User Instructions, the hot water control is from 37 (min) to 60 (max) but changing the setting is not likely to make any improvement in your case.

25kW is relatively small for a combi and it will only be able to heat, for example, 10 litre per minute of water by 35°C. So, if your incoming water is about 10°C and you're trying to run a basin tap near maximum flow (10 litre / minute) then you're only going to get hot water that is around 45°C. This is okay for most purposes but if you need it hotter reduce the flow by not fully opening the tap.

As with chuck, when the incoming mains water is cold in winter it’s best just to slow the hot water output down...more energy into smaller volume of water...its a good tip for baths just run the hot tap a bit slower . All other domestic hot water use use the boiler settings. If you are adding cold water to a bath or washing up bowl to
‘Get it right’ temp wise that’s just plain silly ....Centralheatking

Reply to hot water on combi boiler setting query in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus (20kW) gas combi boiler and it does the job, the radiators never go as hot as the should for example there are ten dots on the heat dial but the radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just checking if this is right regarding water pressure and combi boiler pressure: Do hot and cold water always vary in pressure such as the following? Cold water from tap filled 1 litre jug in 2 seconds Hot water from tap filled 1 litre jug in 5 seconds Gas combi boiler pressure...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock