Search the forum,

Discuss Honeywell V4043H Weird Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I wonder if anyone can help with this...

One radiator circuit is constantly hot even though the room stats are not calling for heat. So the rad circuit is being fed with hot wat er from the manifold if (for example) the hot water cylinder is calling for heat.

I suspected a stuck valve so I have removed the motor head. The 2-port valve seems to be open regardless of the spindle position. The spindle does not feel loose at all. Is it possible for the internal ball to be stuck in the 'on' position even if the spindle is in the 'closed' (11 to 5) position?

Any suggestions welcome! Tim

The 2-port valve seems to be open regardless of the spindle position. The spindle does not feel loose at all.
The spindle should turn easily, just using your fingers, but only a few degrees, say from 11 to 1 on a clock. If you can't turn it by hand, try lubricating the spindle seal. A silicon lubricant is best, but a little WD40 will do.

The spindle should turn easily, just using your fingers, but only a few degrees, say from 11 to 1 on a clock. If you can't turn it by hand, try lubricating the spindle seal. A silicon lubricant is best, but a little WD40 will do.

The spindle does turn, it's just that the valve doesn't seem to close at the end of the travel. Is it possible that the spindle can become detached from the ball inside?

If the boiler is firing with no demand it sounds like the auxiliary switch is stuck in the closed position therefore creating a circuit , is there power on the orange wire ?

If the boiler is firing with no demand it sounds like the auxiliary switch is stuck in the closed position therefore creating a circuit , is there power on the orange wire ?
The boiler is firing due to demand from the hot water cylinder. That causes heated water to flow through the radiator circuit's valve. The problem is that I can't seem to close the valve even with the motor head removed.

The boiler is firing due to demand from the hot water cylinder. That causes heated water to flow through the radiator circuit's valve. The problem is that I can't seem to close the valve even with the motor head removed.

Sorry miss read , are you sure its all HW demand . Yes reading again it sounds like the rubber ball has come off and stuck , looks like a drain down and a new one .

Sorry miss read , are you sure its all HW demand . Yes reading again it sounds like the rubber ball has come off and stuck , looks like a drain down and a new one .
Thanks. I'd wondered if that was possible for the ball to come off the spindle. It sounds like you're confirming that it is.

Are you sure the rads are not getting hot through the poor circuit design (what use to be called the 3rd Tee rule)?
Are all the rads getting hot, do they start heating via the return on the upstairs rads normally the ones closes to the HW cylinder?

If your valve has a small bump on the actuator cover, the ball and 'O ring' can be replaced. It's part no 272752A/U CARD and cost about £10. You will still have to drain down to below the level of the valve.

Could be a design fault .Hot water return should be last tee before boiler .There may be a heating circuit return pipe in between hot water return and boiler causing the water to back circulate.
Could fit non return valve if pipework difficult to alter .

Could be a design fault .Hot water return should be last tee before boiler .There may be a heating circuit return pipe in between hot water return and boiler causing the water to back circulate.
Could fit non return valve if pipework difficult to alter .
Thanks but I'm sure that the valve is the problem here.

Reply to Honeywell V4043H Weird Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
P
Hello, I have just installed the Evohome system hot water kit . I now have 2 x BDR91 relays. One is commented to the electric supple to the gas boiler and the other controls the hot water valve. I have 8 x HR92's all connected and communicating fine with the Evotouch Controller. However I...
Replies
Views
kristola
K
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock