Search the forum,

Discuss Honeywell Mid-position Diverter Valve...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamborock

"Honeywell Mid-position Diverter Valve" was a phrase I'd never encountered until my central heating stopped working this morning and I had to look closely at what was in the airing cupboard.

My hotwater is still working, but there is no heating, the thermostat and the timer controllers appear to opperate as normal - I can hear them clicking when they change state, so they should be OK. When the heating should be working the pump is not running and there is no AC volts on the pump.

All the wires from thermostat, timer switch, AC in, pump and this Honeywell Mid-position Diverter Valve have been hidden in a plastic box, I opened it and it is just frightening.... there is a long peice of choc-block and a mass of wires connected to it - but it is difficult to see what is connected where.

I will be getting a professional in shortly as I don't think this is something I should be tackling.

However, the question I have for you guys is, what does the Mid-position divertor actually do and if it has gone faulty would that stop the pump operating and the heating working but still give us hot water.

I'd appreciate any answers you have, I don't know any plumbers in this area and although I don't mind paying a fair amount for a good job, I don't want taken for a mug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Honeywell Mid-position Diverter Valve...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock