Search the forum,

Discuss Homecall Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shorticus

Anyone contracting to Homecall Plus, just wondering what they're like paying invoices?
Cheers in advance.

Don't know but like most other big companies they will hold on to them for a bit.

I tried replying to an email they sent, never heard from them again, so I can imagine what their back office is like, IMHO I dont think they are as big as they'd like to portray they are.

Thanks guys.
I was contacted by them yesterday to attend a local boiler breakdown. I thought it was worth a punt as their rates, although not brilliant, seemed ok and as I say the job was local. The boiler (puma 80e) had a faulty modulation board. After a few 0844 (pricey) phone calls I was given the authorisation to go ahead with the repair, of course the new board would have to be purchased by me. They then sent me an application to become one of their approved service/repair technicians.

Their application/vetting procedure is something else. While I understand the need for them to be assured that applicants are bona fide insured companies and are CRB clear for their customer’s security, they also require a copy of last year’s books together with projected forecasts AND a signed authorisation giving them access to view my company business bank account. I found this all a little strange as it is my company that would be extending a line of credit to them rather than the other way around.

Anyway, I’ve sent them the invoice for yesterday’s work and have given them seven days to honour it. I’ve been down the litigation route for debts from large company’s before so it’s nothing that worries me per se, I was just wondering if anyone else had or is dealing with them and how they’re getting along?

I've worked for them since October, just been told that no payments being made to contractors until March, everyone will have to go on 90 days from now on. Rumour is they were hammered with burst pipes etc and obviously need time to recover with public paying monthly premiums in and no outgoings etc.
Needless to say as of yesterday, I used to work for them!
Formal demand for payment drawn up yesterday, I'll let you know how it goes.

I've worked for them since October, just been told that no payments being made to contractors until March, everyone will have to go on 90 days from now on. Rumour is they were hammered with burst pipes etc and obviously need time to recover with public paying monthly premiums in and no outgoings etc.
Needless to say as of yesterday, I used to work for them!
Formal demand for payment drawn up yesterday, I'll let you know how it goes.

Well they did settle the bill with me but their terms and conditions (at that time) stipulated 30 days payment, for me (after extensive experience within the commercial world) that was too long. I work on seven days payment max or I'm just not interested.

Their application/vetting procedure is a joke too. They wanted disclosure of my last years audited books, access to my bank account and projected turnover forecast for the next twelve months. I smelt a rat. If I was to be their incumbent and effectively a creditor to them shouldn't they be showing me their books and proving their credit worthiness!?

John good luck with the litigation I'm sure you'll be successful. I sued a major company (ÂŁ100m turnover) last March through non payment and the judge just laughed at them and told them to pay up, call me callous but I got a lovely warm feeling inside knowing that I gave them their first ccj!

If I feel I might not be paid quickly I add a chunk to my invoice and give a 14 day discount (my normal price), so if they pay late I've already been paid for some of the inconvenience, my 0.0001p lost interest, etc.

Thanks boys, it always helps when you marry a partner in a Law Firm :)
I'll keep you posted
John.

Thanks boys, it always helps when you marry a partner in a Law Firm :)
I'll keep you posted
John.

nice, I don't know what they owe you but the (commercial) dept will attract 8% over base rate plus compensation and costs, I'm sure your partner is most adept at polite letters lol, somehow I really doubt that you'll have to wait 'till March John!

Stay away from Homecall at all cost,they have gone into liquidation,i havent been paid since January..

Thanks guys.
I was contacted by them yesterday to attend a local boiler breakdown. I thought it was worth a punt as their rates, although not brilliant, seemed ok and as I say the job was local. The boiler (puma 80e) had a faulty modulation board. After a few 0844 (pricey) phone calls I was given the authorisation to go ahead with the repair, of course the new board would have to be purchased by me. They then sent me an application to become one of their approved service/repair technicians.

Their application/vetting procedure is something else. While I understand the need for them to be assured that applicants are bona fide insured companies and are CRB clear for their customer’s security, they also require a copy of last year’s books together with projected forecasts AND a signed authorisation giving them access to view my company business bank account. I found this all a little strange as it is my company that would be extending a line of credit to them rather than the other way around.

Anyway, I’ve sent them the invoice for yesterday’s work and have given them seven days to honour it. I’ve been down the litigation route for debts from large company’s before so it’s nothing that worries me per se, I was just wondering if anyone else had or is dealing with them and how they’re getting along?

Don't phone these numbers use this site instead I used it last week to call Vokera's 0844 got an 0141 number which is included in my call plan I have saved a fotune using this on th iphone. Get an STD number and save it you can get 0800 numbers which are expensive to call from mobiles the lot off here. You don't know how much these calls are until you get the bill the can rate them anyway they want.

SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

Guys,

DO NOT repeat DO NOT do any work for this outfit. They have filed for administration, you will not get paid.
ÂŁ3k down the swanney, I got a Court Order but sadly not worth the paper it's written on. I hear that they were served with a winding up order for ÂŁ15k odd by an unhappy contractor.
Gutted really, just when I couldn't afford to be knocked.
Hey ho! Onwards and upwards.

Sneaky bar stewards are still advertising too!

Typical of these sharks, they start up next day in a slightly different name.
All debts are wiped and off you go again.
Criminal really.

STAY AWAY FROM HOMECALL + NOW CALLED UNITED HOMECALL. They liquidate companys and reopening with the same trading name, they will build a big debt with you and then fail to pay. Got done for 4000 pounds and many other companys gone done over too, one company had over 30,000 pound owed to them!!!!! There own staff told us how bad they are!!!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

ive had 1 job off them, that was february, still not been paid and then found out they had gone into liquidation. good job it wasnt much money and no parts were bought, just a 3 fuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Homecall Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock