Search the forum,

Discuss HELP URGENT! blocked flue or fan fault alpha 240p in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nuggit77

HELP! :mad: we have got a rather old alpha 240p boiler, the "blocked flue or fan fault" light has come on.... we had it fully serviced and a new gas valve fitted last year. The plumber advised us that if this happened we should reset the system by turning it off and on and running the hot tap... usually the boiler would fire up again instantly, although this has not happened today...... :(

Are we missing something or do i need to call a plumber? my partner is currently on unpaid maternity leave and we could really do without the expense!!!!! :rolleyes: but obviously need hot water and heating!

Thanks in advance

HELP! :mad: we have got a rather old alpha 240p boiler, the "blocked flue or fan fault" light has come on.... we had it fully serviced and a new gas valve fitted last year. The plumber advised us that if this happened we should reset the system by turning it off and on and running the hot tap... usually the boiler would fire up again instantly, although this has not happened today...... :(

Are we missing something or do i need to call a plumber? my partner is currently on unpaid maternity leave and we could really do without the expense!!!!! :rolleyes: but obviously need hot water and heating!

Thanks in advance

fault finding isnt my strongest point but i would guess its the pressure switch, see what others think

irstly dont call the numpty who told you to turn it off and on and run hot tap

blocked flue or fan are easy to check
elec tester will confirm fan and visual check for flue
where are you located

irstly dont call the numpty who told you to turn it off and on and run hot tap

blocked flue or fan are easy to check
elec tester will confirm fan and visual check for flue
where are you located

:( london,se25

Last edited by a moderator:
not a postcode watcher but if youre local to heathrow area i can have a look no call out charge just parts and labour free to look

not that local I'm afraid! :)Thanks for all the advice though!

we looked up the manufacturers manual and it states that it's a fan or flue fault... we suspect its the fan as the flue is clear....

How much ((approx)) parts and labour should we expect to pay?:confused:

thats a tough one london prices are higher i would charge about 60-70 to fit a fan if local but if 2 visits needed as could be fan but also could be aps so one visit to diagnose and one to fit

Sorry, whats aps?

Is there anything else we could try before contacting the local plumber?

righto! thanks

So is it just a case of getting a plumber in then? Take it there is nothing else we could try?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HELP URGENT! blocked flue or fan fault alpha 240p in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock