Search the forum,

Discuss Help please - LOUD thumping/banging noise coming from boiler pipes in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys

For quite some time I have noticed loud thumping and banging noises coming from the boiler.

Before I have a professional to come and have a look at it. I was wondering if you guys could tell me the cause of the noise as shown in the video by following the link below.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPX6CwV6M4s

I suspect its trapped air and the radiators may need bleeding ?

Much thanks for the help.

Boilers only make noises like that when there is an over heating issue.

What is causing the boiler to over heat?
Generally something restricting the flow of water through the boiler.

As for what that can be....numerous parts of the system.

It gets quite involved after that

Reply to Help please - LOUD thumping/banging noise coming from boiler pipes in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked the system pressure at 1.5bar and the relief valve but the noise persists unless a hot water tap in the house is opened then it stops for a period of...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
Hello, purchased a house in February this year and for a few weeks, noticed a loud banging noise which sounds like it is coming from under my sink, but happens when no water is running. I think it could be when my neighbour is either running water or maybe using a washing machine. House is an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 34cdi boiler and it has started making a droning noise when it comes up to temperature or cycles. The sequence appears to be: -Fan speeds up (purging?) -Sparks, then lights (flame icon showing on display) -Fan slows down -Droning noise (like Jaws is coming, Daa-Daa...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock