Search the forum,

Discuss Help Please - Collecting spare kit for calais migrant camp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester

Esteemed
Plumber
I'm helping out a fellow renewables guy over on the leccy forum and

"as per the title, I seem to have roped myself in to sorting out some of the infrastructure problems at the Calais migrant camp to support a grassroots effort to clean it up and make it less of a hell hole for those unfortunate enough to find themselves stuck there."

I'm not into the politics of the whys and wherefores, just helping some people out.

I've got a spare Perge log (/ whatever you through in it :) ) 30kW boiler that I'm donating, though we're looking for other bit and pieces, to put it all together, anyone got anything that they could donate?

Buffer tank
Laddomat / Esbe
Fan coil / unit heater
DHW cylinders
Circulation pumps
Pipework
Shower heads

Also need to put a drainage infrastructure in.

What have you got?

Thx

Whatever everybody's views are on the calais situation, this is the wrong thread on the wrong forum to air them.

But if you are in a position to help please let Worcester know.

We know is a sad state they are in, and I remember a large amount of clothing etc. went over a few weeks ago , collected from Cornwall, and it looked like a large amount of things being stored in Calais, Now this thing about Toilet and washing facilities, surly this is down to the French government to make these provisions , as i'm certain if it was on uk soil these basic needs would be provided, Will the French allow some one to install this equipment and dig in drainage pipes etc.

Will the French allow some one to install this equipment and dig in drainage pipes etc.

I'm deliberately avoiding/ignoring the political discussion, this is the wrong forum for that :)

Advance party going over this weekend to identify
a) The scope of works needed
b) What they'll be allowed to do / not stopped doing.

Sanitation and Heating are the two big issues, aka basic shelter.

The team are also looking at power supplies and the provision of solar PV and batteries for LED lighting, mobile phone / tablet charging etc.

Thats the exact reason im avoiding this post too.
Ive got nothing positive to offer or give away - so im saying nothing and wish you luck. I will continue to support causes closer to home for indigenous people however Good luck with yours

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm deliberately avoiding/ignoring the political discussion, this is the wrong forum for that :)

Advance party going over this weekend to identify
a) The scope of works needed
b) What they'll be allowed to do / not stopped doing.

Sanitation and Heating are the two big issues, aka basic shelter.

The team are also looking at power supplies and the provision of solar PV and batteries for LED lighting, mobile phone / tablet charging etc.

Also not wanting to make it a political discussion, but is this going to be a PR exercise for Worcester ? using it as some sort of advertising campaign showing Worcester products being fitted and used in the Migrant camps, isn't there enough homeless people in this county who need help and basic shelter, Sorry but all we seem to get is no end of adverts asking for donations to help other country's, never see anything about helping people in the UK, This brings to mind the old sayings ! Charity begins at home ! And put your own house in order first,
:rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help Please - Collecting spare kit for calais migrant camp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock