Search the forum,

Discuss Help needed please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daniel-C

I posted yesterday, asking about plumbing jobs in Nottingham, after working for my dad since the age of 16 (I'm now 27) I want a change.

I went to college when I was younger, but dropped out (I was young and naive) so never got any 'official' qualifications and just learnt all I know from my dad.

Am I going to struggle getting a job, I'm really desperate and getting quite depressed about this. After looking for jobs all week on the internet, I have only come across ones that you need qualifications for?

Can anybody offer me any advice please??

Hi there

The only way you can do it m8 is go back to collage or try get an apprentiship with someone to get the qualifications. I was in same boat as you having come out army in 96 and did a bricklaying apprentiship before joining but found i hated the job when trying to do it. I found work with my dads m8 as a so called apprentice plumber but that was fake never did any exams or collage or any paper work my dads m8 had just used me. But on the good side he had lernt me alot and i was going out doing all jobs on my own then he retired 4 years ago ( which is when i found out the certificates i had been given off him were fake and usless) so i went and did a fast trake course with train for trade skills(dont recommend fast track) which i managed to fly through but still found could not get job with outher plumbing firms. So my advice is dont waste £3500 on a fast track course try get an apprentiship if you can or go self employed like i have mind first 18 months was hard for me but have not looked behind now i have reg clients who use me again and again and give recomends i work for builders housing associations gen public alike.

soz bit boring but thats what i did when i was in simler position to you.

best advice imo.
carry on working for your dad get nvq2 and ride out the recession then look.

otherwise i hear theres a job going that you left, do you have contaCT DETAILS PLEASE.
ALL THE BESTR.

The reason that we don't work together anymore is not something that I want to discuss in great detail on here, but lets just say he started being very unprofessional towards me in front of clients.

Thanks @world9563 it seems that going back to college is my only option (my fault for not sticking with it when I was young) Would you definitely not recommend the fast track service?

yes i think collage is the best route m8 and you will savesome money as fast track is expensive and at collage you always can speak to ur tutor face to face and not over phone as with these fast track courses you study at home in your own time and do 4 weeks in a training center where you have the further cost of accommodation etc its not cheap collage best route m8

best of luck m8

mitch

hi guys. new member here

i wanto get into the plumbing trade as i was playing pro football but didnt work out so only play part time. i wanto get adult apprenticeship but not had any luck anywere and i cant get into college without a employer... so was thinking about doing a fast track course get my 6129 then try get a MATES job while i study for nvq....

any advice guys

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help needed please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock