Search the forum,

Discuss Help ID-ing a fine pitch thread, OD ~23.5mm in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks,

I have finicky leaking isolator valves in a Hudson Reed concealed shower valve assembly that I'd like to replace with simple plugs in the hopes I won't have to tear into this again. Trouble is I can't find any info on what thread size this might be.

It's a bit bigger than a 1/2" BSP plug I had kicking around, and the threads are much more finely pitched. Looks like twice as fine or more than the BSP thread.

Hudson Reed is a UK company I believe, is there a thread that makes sense that they would have used here?

Pics attached. Many thanks in advance!

IMG_7659.jpg

IMG_7660.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt you'll find a plug to fit.
It will be a manufacturers specific thread / size.
It may be a known pitch but used on a diameter unique to Hudson Reed.

It is possibly an ISO 24mm but with a 1.5 pitch rather than a 3.0 pitch. If you take it to an agricultural / construction equipment hydraulic hose maker / supplier they could probably help you out.

If you use a simple plug, you will be sealing it on the threads rather than the originally intended O ring / washer.

Why don’t you just replace the washer / O ring?

Thanks for the input, folks. I don't ever really need to use these isolators to turn off the taps, and they apparently have been leaking for some time from the tiny shut off screws despite the unit only being four years old. That was my thinking behind replacing with a simple robust plug. Since I can't go into shops in person however, I think finding a replacement for this unusual thread is probably futile on the internet (esp without proper measuring tools).

I've now bitten the bullet and ordered Hudson Reed replacement isolator fittings. Just hate to seal this all back up with the knowledge that I'll probably have to dig back into it in a couple of years. Ah well.

Thanks again!

Reply to Help ID-ing a fine pitch thread, OD ~23.5mm in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock