Search the forum,

Discuss Help diagnose Ariston boiler fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
I have a boiler engineer coming out, but it's not till next week, so I was just curious if anyone knew what this fault could be in case it was something obvious, it's the first I've tried heating since May...

Ariston Clas HE EVO38

No error messages, hot water is fine, but no heat. Even after putting the RF unit in override (however it is syncing ok and I can see the connection triggering to turn the relay on when I ask it), the boiler doesn't trigger.

However, if I hold the reset button and perform a 10 minute maximum heat test it works just fine. Pressure is 1.5bar and goes up over 2bar when it turns on as it's always been.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I’m guessing not a Combi Boiler if so is the port valve moving / opening ?

Link the live and switched live on the control stat wiring receiver. See if that fires it up. If so stat fault. If not then it's a boiler fault. Combi would needed opened up and looked at, need an engineer for that.

Ok, I opened the comb and bypassed the thermostat. Just as Duncan said, thanks ;)

So, question is, this is a siemens rdj10f with a siemens rcr10 unit. What's the best way to determine which is at fault? I did press the 'override' button on the rcr10 unit and the relay light came on but no heat. Is it worth wiring the unit back in and moving the jumper to the rcr10 unit to see if that is the fault?

Thanks.

How's it a boiler fault? I disconnected the thermostat and put the jumper back on the boiler and it works fine, so isn't that simply the the thermostat at fault because it's just a N/O switch isn't it?

Thanks.

Thanks. Boiler man confirmed it was the thermostat receiver. Tapping it made it work sometimes, so a dodgy switch somewhere.

I'll probably go posh and fit a hive or nest. The next Siemens model up from what I have is almost the same price so I figure why bother moving up to a 7 day timer when I can get one that works from my phone as well :)

Reply to Help diagnose Ariston boiler fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock