Search the forum,

Discuss Have you seen one of these before, coz I ain't... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Goodenough

Esteemed
Plumber
Ok folks, standard WC pans are approx 400mm to the rim right? Those for elderly or less able 430mm i.e. DOC M etc. Well in the bathroom I've been working on this week the pan rim height was 490mm!!

Pic FYI
20180306_084107.jpg

How terrible is that, doesn't even fit the profile of the pan... at first I thought someone had taken a diamond blade to an old VC pan but actually it's fibreglass :(:eek:o_O...

yes akw make them

the pans been changed as they dont support side fixings (L brackets)

0113673-0000341-30617.jpg

The pic Shaun posted looks ok but the one you've posted Jim looks like it would wobble lol. It does look terrible also haha. Never even knew they existed.....

The pic Shaun posted looks ok but the one you've posted Jim looks like it would wobble lol. It does look terrible also haha. Never even knew they existed...
Neither did I. Looks well weird.

I have seen them they are not meant to be used on a close coupled pan it is a very poor install jim boardering on dangerous for the client , there are plenty of manufacturers who make a raised height toilet pan for disabled and less able use . cheers kop

Just to make it very clear chaps I didn't install this toilet, however it is actually very stable as I tried it out :D.

My job here was fitting a new shower mixer and re-doing the silicone to the shower screen & tray, re-siting the shower seat and various grab rails.

yeh come across them quite a lot in public authority housing...never seen a close coupled pan sitting on one tho!!! low level pans mainly which sit a lot better...well better than a piece of 3/4" ply :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Have you seen one of these before, coz I ain't... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock