Search the forum,

Discuss Had anyone taken on apprenticeships? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ThePlumbingDr

Hi All,

We are based in Barking, London and a company that offers boiler servicing, repair installation to refurbishments and restorations. We cover a good range of services for residential and commercial clients.

What I am looking to understand is:
1. How complicated is it to hire an apprentice?
2. What are the conditions of the hire?
3. Do I just go to a local college and see if they can assist?
4. What has been your experience in hiring apprentices ?

Look forward to hearing from you all.

I'm based in Guernsey at the FE college here. Our system may be different to the UK but here we have an Apprenticeships Officer and he is the first port of call for things like this. When we get either people looking to begin an apprenticeship or employers looking to hire they will often speak to him first.

He can advise employers on the criteria they need to meet, advise potential apprentices on what they need to do and he also tries to match apprentices with employers.

Hopefully your local college may have a person as helpful as our Joe (Apprenticeship Officer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Had anyone taken on apprenticeships? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock