Search the forum,

Discuss Glow Worm Ultra come 30cxi ... various pressure issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FairywoodHouse

I had a glow worm ultra come 30cxi fitted 3 years ago by calor gas and it runs from a outside gas tank.
The last 6 months I have had pressure issues with it. When set at 1 to 1.2 bar when the heating comes on it can reach upto 3.4 bar, but when the heating switches off it can drop all the way to zero. The 11 radiators have been checked and the plumbing with no leaks found, the pipes have been flushed and are clean and an Ultra Clean Pro fitted from new. Everytime it has to be repressed to 1 bar. I have been told it needs another external pressure cylinder fitted, but how can that be with 11 radiators?
Does anyone else have any ideas?

Easy check and fix for somebody who is competent and knows what they are doing. Get your gas safe engineer on the case.

Calor have been twice to look at it and serviced it for warranty and they don't know why it happens that's why I'm asking in the forum! Is there something you know to fix and I can tell them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Calor have been twice to look at it and serviced it for warranty and they don't know why it happens that's why I'm asking in the forum! Is there something you know to fix and I can tell them?

get another lpg engineer

not that hard if the pressure jumps that much

Orange banner above your original post. Not allowed to share information with regard to gas appliances. So you can stick as many exclamations on your post as you want. Its in the rules that you should have read and agreed to.

If you have had two visits and its still not fixed then bin them off. Like I said it's a simple fix for somebody qualified to do it.

Thanks for your advise...I'm in Ireland and will get the equivalent qualified gas engineer to check it out other than the calor gas engineers who fitted it and serviced it....more exclamation marks !!!!!!

Exclaim away :)

Bin off calor and ask friends, neighbours etc for a recommendation of a good engineer.

sounds like the calor technician (lets not call them an engineer) is in his first week of the job since getting his tickets!!! if they cant id this the easiest of faults, gawd help them when something technical is required of them!!!

It is possible that another external expansion tank is required, it all depends on the volume of water in your heating system, tank in boiler will only take so much and you have been lucky that's its lasted this long, this information may be in the installation book, you say 11 rads but they could be small or very large, water content of system is required to work out size of expansion vessel that is required, Calor should be able to do this or a local engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow Worm Ultra come 30cxi ... various pressure issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock