Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm Ultimate 120ff replacement recommendations, please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nickS14a

Hi,

My Glow worm Ultimate 120ff is dying - just started leaking from the heat exchanger, which I assume is terminal. I'm looking for a replacement regular boiler for my traditional, open-vented S plan installation, as 'like for like' as possible under current regs, with reliability and long life the top priorities; I'd really appreciate recommendations for a suitable system from you professionals.

I've seen discussion on Stainless vs. Aluminium heat exchangers; I live in a hard water area if that biases the decision. I'd also like to avoid having to re-cable since there's a long run between the wiring centre and programmer (airing cupboard) and the boiler (garage). I know that Vaillant, Worcester-Bosch and Viessman are frequently recommended, but I'm interested in whether one leaps above the rest if you focus on large (35kW+) regular boilers rather than combis etc.

Thanks in advance for any views,

Nick

viessmann

and your best bet is have a word with the person your going to have install it

As above bud viessmann they have plug in controls to get over wiring issues other boilers you mention need pump overun so permanent live needed get your installer to check your system first before committing yourself.

Get quotes buddy and plenty of em. Y

VAILLANT for me !

Still, i'd get a Heating Engineer to come and advise you on what's best for your particular situation.
Every man and his dog has an opinion on what's good and what's not !

Pick a decent, well known make with a good warranty and get a recommended installer to fit it for you.

Ask them to check your system water and advise you on flushing and inhibitors. Fernox are my personal favourite, Sentinal are ok too.

Thanks for all your recommendations. In the process of trying to get quotes from local heating engineers at the moment. How important would you say it is for me to choose a HE from the manufacturer's accredited list i.e. installer listed on the Viessman website for a Viessman boiler? Or will a good installer do any equally good job with any make?

I would advise you go for a good recommended installer who isn't biased in one direction.

Not essential bud but usually they can offer you a longer warranty on your boiler , choose a major brand and a good local heating installer only recommended viessman for your wiring issue get it checked before committing. Cheers k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm Ultimate 120ff replacement recommendations, please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am looking for some basic advice please My house is on two floors, approx 240m2 and a spacious loft with good headroom and access. Glow Worm 30HXi boiler burning LPG housed in a ground floor attached storage room running 16 radiators including 6 doubles and a standard low output shower on the...
Replies
Views
So I've got a Glow Worm back boiler fronted by a gas fire, at least 15 years old probably a lot more. The water heating makes a row as there is a partial blockage in one of the pipes - this I believe to be resolvable with a power flush and pump replacement. The front fire is spilling fumes and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, New to this so not sure if posting this questions is valid, but i have a boiler issue which has baffled me. I have a Glow Worm Micron 120 boiler and it recently decided to die all of a sudden. I have had issues with the PCB in the past i.e i resoldered some dry joints a year ago. Thus...
Replies
Views
This is a long shot-( this post was originally sent to StevethePlumber but I havent heard back from him as yet) I have a glow worm ultimate ff boiler. Pilot light not lighting. There is power in the unit as it is glowing orange inside the box with the control knob. Anyway, on the self...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I've got a quite old Glow Worm Ultimate 80FF. It recently had an issue with the control stat (lots of green corrosion on it which was causing it not to come on) and I fitted a new one and I'm back in business. Everything was fine for a few days and now it's just always on. We have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock