Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm boiler temperature in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I moved into a house during the summer with a 3 year old Glow worm ultimate 35c combi boiler fitted. We had it serviced at the time. Now it's winter I'm wondering if it is working correctly. What temperature range so they normally cycle over when running the heating. I have notice initially the boiler reaches 60C before burner shuts off but it then let's temp on boiler drop to 35C before reigniting the burner often then cutting out again around mid 50C letting system pump till it drops to 35 again. Is this the normal running of this boiler or is it letting system cool too low before firing back up. It seems to mean the rads just start to get hot then cool right off again before boiler fires back in again this is while system is still calling for heat and room hasn't reached temperature.

What temp is the heating set at on the boiler?
How many radiators do you have?
Hi Scott
There are 10 radiators on system. I was trying to check temp setting I am assuming it is 60c as that is what it initially heats to on front panel display. I read in book that temp can be adjusted using up and down arrows on front but if you press them either way it just displays the word "no" on display as though it's fixed at set temp. When boiler reaches full temp 60c radiators have heated quite well but when the boiler shuts off it circulates until system temp drops to 35 before coming back on by which time rads have cooled of noticeably again. I was wondering if it normally let's temp drop so far before turning on again.

If you cannot set temperature on the boiler then it needs setting on your programmable stat/Climapro or whatever external controller you Have.

Reply to Glow worm boiler temperature in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock