Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm 18r in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Millie

Hello, We had a Glow Worm 18r fitted in February. It is great except...

We think it has a 'frost safe' device? The boiler fires up even when all controls are off.
We understand that it is a good thing to prevevt frost damage but the pump goes for an hour.
The pump is in the airing cupboard so it wakes us up afound five or six in the morning, then we do not get back to sleep. The pump was new, 3way valve & a programmer also new. ( Honeywell).
I have rung Glow worm but they cannot answer my question. Just want us to pay £90 deposit incase it is not a fault.
I have put a thermometer in the cupboard with the boiler and it seems to come on when the temp is 12 deg? Is this right as we think that may be a bit high? The boiler is on a north west wall.
The boiler comes on and goes to about 20 deg then it 'fires up' and goes to 35 deg.
Have rung the installer but he has not got back to us.

Suggestions welcome?
Thank you.

I'd get your installer back first, could be a controls issue. When you had the boiler replaced were new timer etc fitted as well or reuse of existing?

Thanks for your reply.
The timer was new along with the pump. Do you think it is the timer then?
We think that it is set wrong and goes on at a to higher temprature?
We are suffering from sleep deprivation!!

The frost protection activates at 12 degrees on your model. You can however wire that model with no pump overrun which would cure this, only do this if the boiler is in the house though not garage or loft.

You would need your installer or electrician to do this.

You say that some items were replaced along with boiler, (Pump,Timer, Valve) did you have a room thermostat fitted as well ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm 18r in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Went to a customer today their glow worm Ultracom 24 HE goes to fire up then cuts out turning the heating pump off, then does the same again before firing and running. Occasionally shows the flame is lit on display but flow temp doesn’t go much past 26. Then if you turn off and try again...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Have a Glow worm Flexicom 30cx-Installed 2010 and regaularly serviced. Last service October 21. Works fine, with no issues. However it has started to leak-though never when the house. is occupied. Went to Scotland over hogmanay for a week and when we returned there had been a leak of...
Replies
Views
10 months ago had a new Glow-Worm gas boiler installed in our bungalow. It failed nearly a month ago when a gasket internally in the HW feed cct to internal pump that appears to have been installed out of position leaked water over the pump and main electronics board and through the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock