Search the forum,

Discuss Getting more plumbing and heating work help :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jack1994

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
everything takes time. dont forget there are other companies around you too and customer base is not infinite. on other hand, winter is slowly coming so you will get more busy :)

Hi Jack and welcome to the forum, i see there you finished your apprenticeship by 18, you mustve started early did you at the age of 14? always utilise the internet as just about everyone using it nowadays, google facebook etc, local paper ads but i always say a refferel and word of mouth is the best way,

Invest in some advertising, flyers, business cards, van signs, boards to go up outside jobs, banners to tie to big jobs where theres a scaffold going up , although word of mouth is the best way probley, you need people to spread the word

Welcome to the site.You can only expand your buisness as your client base expands,this all takes time & experience.Don"t take this personally but i think your trying to get too big too quick.Was there a reason you became vat reg? if you needed too because of turn over than fair play to you.
You also state you cover the country,i don"t know many large companies that offer that.
Through my years of experience in this game,if you are good at what you do the work will come to you through recommendation & it all builds from there.I was working in a school yesterday servicing there boilers,teachers approach me asking for my card as they need work doing & also the school recommends me to another school & so on & so on.Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Getting more plumbing and heating work help :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am city and guilds trainees live in Dartford. I am interested in working with a professional plumbing to get more experienced in the weekend Looking for your cooperation
Replies
Views
[url=https://www.plumbersforums.net/plumbing-news/welcome-to-plumbing-forum/]Continue reading...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take me out a couple days of the week to help me get more experience. I did 1 week of work experience at equans doing maintenance but i wouldn’t mind...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock