Search the forum,

Discuss Getting access to a tap washer in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I need to change the washer on one of my bathroom taps but i can't seem to find out how to get the bloody top off. From what i can gather its a pillar lever tap but all the things I've googled only seem to have the ones where you can pull a little disc off the top to gain access to the screw and mine are totally enclosed.

There's a little nub on the back but once that's off there doesn't seem to be anything to unscrew or clip off or anything.

I'll enclose a pic of the tap so you can see what i mean...
Tap.jpg

Help please it's driving me mad :D

Once the ‘nun ‘ is off can you insert a long Allen key - there is often a grubscrew holding the head on.
Usually 2 or 2.5mm, although could be a small slotted screwdriver.

Reply to Getting access to a tap washer in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to replace the washers and neither could get them open. The gold coloured ring under the top unscrews on two of them but won't budge on the ones that...
Replies
Views
Hi, can anyone advise regarding getting access to the working mechanism within this tap. It's leaking and I want to change the washer. There's no grub nut around the base and as can be seen there's no access via the top of the tap. I'm thinking that the top skirt will unscrew with the help of a...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer, o-ring or gland, for this type of tap. Maybe, no one ever replaces this type of washer/component? Background: I discovered a leak in the cupboard from...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the tap off to clean the cartridges, but cant get the sphere at the end off there. Looking at the diagram, it seems that you should be able to pop the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock