Search the forum,

Discuss Gas safety certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

First post so apologies if its in the wrong place.

If a gas grill on a gas cooker doesn't light due to no gas is it classed as AR as flame picture cannot be determined.

Apologies for being so vague. I am Gas Safe, i issued a landlord safety certificate 6 months ago. Since then an energy provider has fitted a smart meter and AR the grill due to poor flane picture as it wouldn't light. The spark is fine but gas isn't getting through the control knob, even when pressing it in. I left them a working cooker with advice to replace. I am being questioned by landlord as to why i didn't class it as AR. I didn't believe it to be AR as the control knob (safety device) has failed to safe.

Apologies for being so vague. I am Gas Safe, i issued a landlord safety certificate 6 months ago. Since then an energy provider has fitted a smart meter and AR the grill due to poor flane picture as it wouldn't light. The spark is fine but gas isn't getting through the control knob, even when pressing it in. I left them a working cooker with advice to replace. I am being questioned by landlord as to why i didn't class it as AR. I didn't believe it to be AR as the control knob (safety device) has failed to safe.
It’s been 6 months. It was working when you did the cert, the landlord cannot moan at anything. For all anyone knows the smart meter man broke it.

Yes those smart meter guys got itchy trigger fingers! Of course, they ain’t payed to hang about but it can upset relationships. Looking at the bigger picture though, I find their meter capping antics fruitful.

Yep, I had it. New smart meter fitted, a drop within tolerance, no smell of gas, turned it off, and warning notice issued :mad: a-holes

Reply to Gas safety certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable to find the manual for an Ideal Exclusive. I thought I had found it but it turns out the GC number was different. Given the law says "refer to MI"...
Replies
Views
Hi all gas engineers. While doing landlord’s gas safety , if gas hob do not have data badge or manual . How can we test it for safe to use ??
Replies
Views
Hi, just a quick query (hopefully). We’ve got a combi boiler installed in a cupboard with the flue going 90° then directly through the external wall to where it terminates. We’ve had numerous gas safety certificates for it over the years with having lodgers etc, but we’re about to sell the house...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a BIASI gas boiler as in the pictures. Its worked fine for 12 months. But now, for the last few days, when its first running the bath, I can hear the gas flame turning on and off…and the bath water is quite cold…..if I leave the tap running for say 5 mins, then the gas does stay on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock