Search the forum,

Discuss Gas safe portfolio contents? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am starting my gas safe in around 6 months and my employer has told me to start taking photos and build up a portfolio ready for when I start.

I was just wondering if anyone is currently doing or recently finished their gas and could give me an idea of what photos I need if possible,

Thanks,
Jack.

Hi Jack,
The portfolio has to have a certain number of jobs that you have undertaken with a GSR engineer e.g 3 x Installations. 3 x Gas Safety Checks, 3 x Services etc - not sure the exact numbers from memory but you can check this with the centre where you are undertaking this. Mine provided me with a sheet to complete so I knew that I had done enough of each to complete the portfolio.

The photos you need are the actions at each stage - tightness test at meter, removing old boiler, using template to install new boiler - hanging rig, new pipework, commissioning, flue analysis etc.
Same for Gas Safety / Services etc - just take pics of each stage and you can then decide which ones are needed. You are basically telling the story with pics and writing some info based on these to show you have gone through correct procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas safe portfolio contents? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking to gain practical experience with a certified gas engineer. I was in search of an engineer to work with accompanying them to jobs. I would be happy to observe and support where possible. I am now working towards completing and submitting my portfolio. I understand that this...
Replies
Views
Hi, need your honest views if you would be so kind. I’m 48 and work for the NHS (office based) and earn 44k a year. Ive been do fustrated and fed up in my work for so long that I’ve enrolled to do my gas safe and become an engineer. I know it’s hard work but I’m really excited and I’d love to...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock