Search the forum,

Discuss Gas heating thermostat ...who fits it.?. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello....
I've just had a complete rewire and new gas/boiler/rad system installed into my property.
When it comes to who I should expect to fit a suitable thermostat for the gas heating system would that be down to the plumber,the electrician or combination of both ?.
Thank you.

They system installer should have fitted you a stat / programmer / weather comp / opentherm etc etc when the system was installed. Wasn't this mentioned from the outset .

Gas engineer/ who fitted the boiler

They system installer should have fitted you a stat / programmer / weather comp / opentherm etc etc when the system was installed. Wasn't this mentioned from the outset .
Yes but the gas boiler went in quite early on in the renovation.
It's only now the house is almost finished the thermostat and the question of who fits it has arisen
[automerge]1570985332[/automerge]
Gas engineer/ who fitted the boiler
Thanks... would the electrician have any input at all besides providing a socket/ supply for boiler ?.

In my experience, the electrician would fit the power supply, fused spur(s) etc so he can issue the relevant cert, the plumber would then do the control wiring to pumps/thermostats/timers etc.

Yes but the gas boiler went in quite early on in the renovation.
It's only now the house is almost finished the thermostat and the question of who fits it has arisen
[automerge]1570985332[/automerge]

Thanks... would the electrician have any input at all besides providing a socket/ supply for boiler ?.

Still doesn’t matter when It was fitted the gas safe engy should of installed controls

In my experience, the electrician would fit the power supply, fused spur(s) etc so he can issue the relevant cert, the plumber would then do the control wiring to pumps/thermostats/timers etc.
Thank you... that's what I was under the impression would happen too .

Reply to Gas heating thermostat ...who fits it.?. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
I
I've had my tado system in my new build for 5 years now and it's been fine. Yesterday morning I changed the batteries on the second floor thermostat and now it's not switching on the boiler to heat that floor. The thermostat display is fine and the app is fine. All systems say they are fine and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I keep reading about how you should use a smart thermostat. Set it to the temp to want the home to be and hey presto it takes care of itself. But realistically who does this or rather who does this work for. With mine I just use it to turn the heating on now and then for short periods...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock