Search the forum,

Discuss Gas flow for new fire. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

roythegrass

We wish to have a glass fronted hearth gas fire installed. Other than the heat output an important factor is the visual appearance – flame height, spread etc. Our existing gas supply pipe exiting the concrete floor is 15mm OD. One dealer assures us this is adequate. However another dealer says it should be 22mm as when the gas central heating switches on it could cause the flame height in the fire to diminish and, having experienced this with previous installations, they declined to quote.
In response to an email to the manufacturer they state “The exact diameter for the gas supply has to be calculated based on the length of the gas supply, how many other appliances that are connected on the supply and the maximum gas rate.” They did not say what the gas flow rate and/or pressure should be at the junction of the supply pipe and the appliance. Further the dealer says this cannot be established until the appliance is connected (by which time it’s been paid for and installed!)
Is there a means of measuring the gas flow rate at the point where in appliance is to be installed to first establish that it is sufficient?
Thanks in advance.

Agreed. Find a gas man you trust and get him to work it out for you. He'll install and stand over it.

Job 38.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas flow for new fire. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all - hoping to get some advice here on a plumbing issue in our house. When we are showering / filling the bath and another appliance draws water (toilet cistern filling after flushing, tap being turned on or washing machine filling etc), the water pressure / flow to the other appliance...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
So we are looking at a new vaillant ecofit pure 418 regular boiler but have a question about the gas pipe size requirements.. At the gas meter the pipe size is 15mm where it then runs under the kitchen floor before exiting at the the other side where the existing boiler is located (old baxi)...
Replies
Views
Hello, This is my first time posting as I'm a new member so apologies in advance if this has been covered before. I have recently done a landlords gas check at a property with only 1 gas appliance (heat only boiler) and ended up condemning it as it was ID for many reasons. The landlord asked...
Replies
Views
H
Hi I wonder if anyone can help please. I'm building a new small house and propose to install a natural gas kiln in an outbuilding. The new house house will probably have a combi boiler 24-28kw & gas cooker hob (say 8kw). I have no technical information of my kiln [25 yrs old] - manufacturer...
Replies
Views
Hotwork40
H
    • Agree
A I correct in saying that when you install a new gas appliance in a rented house. There is no need to write out a CP12 and test all the other gas appliances in the house. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock