Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Combi Boiler Choice (Water Softener) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ada69

I have a Victorian 2 bed house with 1 bathroom. Pulling out the old boiler and tanks and going get a combi installed. Now I want the system to also have a water softener in it, here lies the problem I believe. Worcester Bosch advise not to use water softeners on their boilers due to them having an Aluminum Primary heat exchanger with a secondary heat exchanger being made of stainless steel, Tech help line said it would ruin the boiler and to look at another boiler which was honest of them I felt. Vaillant combi boilers have a Stainless Steel Primary heat exchanger and a Stainless steel secondary heat exchanger so this would work with a water softener?. Does this mean that if I want to use a water softener I am limiting myself to which boiler I can choose. Could someone please recommend me a Vaillant combi boiler for my house, I don’t want it to be under powered for the house either! Bit out of my depth on this one!

Thank you

Connect the filling loop to a hard water supply ie before the water softener and connect the cold inlet to the boiler with softened water.

Kev,

Does this mean I could use a WB boiler and still have hot water produced which is softened with no damage to the boiler? I need softened hot water due to sore skin on my hands. The WB Tech help line to not mention this at all. Thanks

Why would you even want a WB? You been reading that stupid which magazine? Lol.

Get a proper boiler, made of metal not plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Combi Boiler Choice (Water Softener) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock