Search the forum,

Discuss Four CH pump failures within 10 weeks - help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jon E

I had a new Worcester Bosch boiler installed by British Gas at the beginning of May. All was going ok until the pump failed within two weeks (it had always behaved pretty well until then). BG replaced it. Then the replacement packed up within another two weeks and so I started wondering if there was a problem with the system rather than the pump - BG replaced it for a third time and just said that it was 'probably a faulty batch of pumps'. I thought that was pretty unlikely but I'm not an expert.

This last pump must have been a real tough cookie because it managed to hold out for a whole three weeks until it packed in again tonight :mad2:. That makes four.

I've called out another British Gas engineer but there surely must be a system problem to keeping causing new pumps to pack in. I complained to the BG area manager and he didn't seem to want to know.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? Sludge? The system wasn't power flushed as part of the install (BG didn't recommend that it should be).

Thanks for your help.

Jon :confused5:

do you know what the pumps looked liked when you guy replaced it ?

Even bit of grimme , 4 pumps wow. Is it the pumps siezing or problem with power to the pumps. The AAV probably shut lol

I think it's the pump seizing. The one installed tonight has power it just clicks a bit and doesn't do anything. It's a Grundfos Alpha 2

so heat only boiler and cylinder?

Shauncorbs: yep I'm pretty sure it's a heat only. There's a cylinder and cold water tank in loft.

Very odd, even a dirty system would struggle to kill 3 pumps like that!

Faulty batch or something, but unusual for grundfos!!

Ask how well light bulbs last ,if its not a feature of heating system , may be the environment . ( Or just the feed its attached to )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Four CH pump failures within 10 weeks - help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock