Search the forum,

Discuss Forms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive bought from them in the past and would again when i need something

Looks a good buy ,you have fifty certs in each pad as opposed to the usual 25 in many and I pay that just for the cp12 pads

Most admit the old corgi pads and these look the same are the best I ever had, all your copies stay attached in pad well,store tidy and can go straight to old copy if needed

New pads,copies seem to fall out or are lose anyway :(

Just two things really

Do we still want to be using corgi logo, all be it the new one, does it not confuse the registration issue and I feel a bit awkward not having gas safe logo on my paperwork
Would feel a bit old hat,when I am preaching corgi is no longer the reg holder its now gas safe,then slap a corgi cert on the table

But maybe thats why they are doing them cheap !

The new CORGI forms, certainly the ones on their website, have the Gas Safe logo. Looks like they have dropped their logos from the forms.

The new CORGI forms, certainly the ones on their website, have the Gas Safe logo. Looks like they have dropped their logos from the forms.

I've bought pads off corgi direct and gas rating charts they all have gas safe logos. I just think in there website they just haven't upgraded a new picture and r using the old corgi photo but selling u new gas safe logo.

This is why I asked for thoughts, being the corgi logo. However, the price is good and it is certainly the best deal I have seen, particularly as these are the most popular certs and forms.

Hi Ghost,

I think Corgi will be upset if you use these forms with the corgi logo on them, ( If you are not Corgi registered as well as Gas Safe)

Below is part of an e-mail I received from Corgi, Ithink what it is saying "You upset the dog and it might bite you"

Statement from Trading Standards >>
Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008
The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 is legislation designed to protect consumers by prohibiting the use of unfair commercial practices. The legislation contains a list of practices which are considered unfair in all circumstances and are therefore banned, these include:
Displaying a trust mark, quality mark, or equivalent without having obtained the necessary authorisation.
Claiming that you have been approved,endorsed or authorised by a public or private body when you have not
CORGI is a private trade association and only its members are entitled use of its logo. Businesses that are not members should remove all references to CORGI approval and the logo from vehicles, invoices and marketing material with immediate effect. Failure to comply with this legislation is a criminal offence and can result in an unlimited fine and/or two years imprisonment.
If you wish to report any issues to trading standards, you will find contact details for your local department by clicking the icon below =>

David

This e mail mentioned in another thread,as said,think is a e mail from a sinking ship,trying to get people to join for another year,would not worry to much about the lame poodle

imho

I know what you are saying. To me, a form is a form. We had this rubbish on the electrical side of things, NICEIC saying you couldn't use certain colours of certificate. As it turns out, you can use any colour you like as long as you don't display their logo. For the corgi forms, a thick black marker pen could be utilised.
Where will it all end???
If anybody is interested, I never went with NICEIC, simply because I refused to pay extra fees to do electrical periodic inspections. I went with Napit, they include everything in their cost. NICEIC are another lot trying to make a monopoly out of the old system, a bit like corgi...........

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi i spoke to corgi direct as the ones i ordered come with the corgi logo ,they said this is fine but most of my customers thought i was a conn man as its now gas safe .corgi direct said there is no legal reason that i cant use the ones with their logo and are willing to supply,they stated if you buy the regina ones they have the regina name on them .why cant we have a standard gas safe spends money educating the public about the name change then they dont supply any of their own stationary with their logo when i phoned gas safe they just gave me corgi direct number as a paperwork supplier

ant

Well, there we go. I'm perfectly happy with my 50 quid supply of corgi forms.
Cheers for that info.

I was about to order this pack as it's bloody amazing value for money. I thought I'd calll GS first and confirm that I can use it (I use NIC forms at present).

I was told I cannot use the Corgi forms and have to stick with NIC EIC. If anyone on here is using the Corgi ones without issue, please let me know, as I need to stock up and I'm sick of getting ripped off. Thanks, Dan.

As an update, I called Corgi Direct, they said I can use any form as long as it has the correct data on it. Which these will have. I have therefore bought myself a pack, good value for £54.

Cheers for the link.

Last edited:
I have noticed as well that the corgi direct gas safety record pad is the only one on the market with a box to enter the work carried out.why dont they all have a work carried out box.if i do work on a gas system i like to leave a sheet saying what i have done and found.what do others do on my universal landlord/safety sheet i cross out the faults and write work done -why cant i get the sheets i need -even the cogi ones only have a small work carried out box now.

regards ant

If it's any help to you, I have been using these forms this week. I have a GS inspection on Wednesday. Any Probs, I will share with you.

Ghost, please do let me know, as I have paid for and ordered mine, so if there is an issue, I'll send em straight back. Thanks.

OK, had my inspection today, probationary period lifted.
I discussed the forms and the official statement is they are absolutely fine to use. Good news all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Forms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I am about to register with gas safe but want to make sure Im fully prepared for the inspection visit when it happens. Can anybody let me know where i can get all the neccessary domestic safety forms, warning notification labels etc... Know I'll have to buy a temp contiuity bond (...
Replies
Views
oldplumber
O
I'm sorry but after reading the below it seems that the fine is clearly not sufficient as its a lot lower than the training and registration costs it is to be Gas Safe I do not beleive in illegal gas fitting in any way shape or form but it has worked out cheaper for this Chappy! Illegal...
Replies
Views
P
My own personal opinion only First I would say I think gas safe are doing a good job at the moment and the service is a lot better than the corgi service and more directed at safety and regulation side and not trying to be as commercial as corgi.I am a supporter of gas safe over all However I...
Replies
Views
oldplumber
O
S
Does anybody else feel that having to pay nearly £500 to register for the first time "up front" is basically condoning illegal gas work. For instance i am 21 and have worked for 2 companies over the last 5 years but the last one hit financial difficulties due to non payers etc. and had to reduce...
Replies
Views
radswilldo
R
M
Dear CORGI Guys Looking for advice. I want to install my own boiler as much as possible without fouling CORGI rules & get a CORGI bloke in to connect gas, test & turn on. My question is can I adopt the following approach: 1) Turn off the gas at the meter 2) Disconnect old boiler, including...
Replies
Views
snogs
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock