Search the forum,

Discuss Flange fitting problem! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
have got a customer that wants a shower pump fitted so I need to put a flange in the top of the cylinder. The problem is that the only outlet on the cylinder (there isn't a side socondary return or anything) is at the top and is 3/4 male. Basically it's exactly the same as a 22 compression straight connector sticking up. I need a flange with a female connector on it to fit onto the top of the cylinder. I tried a 3/4 female socket but it fitted the flange but the cylinder thread is slightly larger. It's for a 22mm nut and olive so you can come straight out in copper. Any help much appreciated!

You positive it's not a 1"-3/4 male iron or is it a gledhill with the outlet already in place?

Positive it's an outlet already in place. Don't wanna go Essex flange as the cylinder is barely big enough as it is. It's designed so you just pop 22mm copper in with a nut and olive. Its not an iron with male inserted

Is the immersion used?

if not get a few bushes to reduce you down. File out the stopper on a male iron to allow you to push the pipe into the cylinder by 150mm. It'll look pony but gets you round the problem

you shouldn't do what you are planning on doing , the shower pump should have a designated feed , not a tee off the outlet, you need an Essex flange, beware as the washers are crap on them , fitted one 3 years ago , had a call back today , washer all perished, looked more like a 30 year old washer, there tomorrow evening to fit a new one . teeing off and outlet pipe for a shower pump will cause it to suck air etc in if somebody else opens a hot tap , the cylinder should be big enough , work out how many litres of water per second the shower is going to use, no good if its going to empty a 120l cylinder in 10 minuets. go for a bigger cylinder and a bigger cold water storage cistern.

Has the cylinder got an immersion heater tapping? If it has, you can fit an ordinary brass tank connector which will only require a neat tight fitting hole drilled in side of cylinder. Just use fibre washers or ptfe tape made into washer shape to seal it & feed it from the immersion tapping to the drilled hole by threading it through a piece of earth wire or similar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flange fitting problem! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock