Search the forum,

Discuss Fix-a-tap??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essex FIX A TAP KIT (PS) GREEN - 3BFKG

Hi guys and gals

Any one use these?

Just had a conversation with a plumber who swears by them as he does a lot of work for McCarthy and Stone and their taps

I cant see the point if tightened up correctly and strongly but he was having none of it

Views if you dont mind

Don't see point of this. I "cheat" and put some high impact waterproof adhesive like Hard as Nails on the taps and horse them up tight with a box spanner. Never move!

Just the thing to use for taps that keep on losening themselves.
I would only use them in this instance as as youve said they arent usually neccesary.

I use them regularly, especially with slightly oversized or distorted holes in the basin. They make a very snug waterproof fit and the white rubber moulded 'washer' looks better than the usual black one normally supplied.

They're not absolutely essential - but they make life easier!

You dont really glue the taps in , please tell me it was a joke:eek:
Nope actually we spot weld them on. Gives the customer a choice when they come to renew their taps. They can either renew the basin or they can renew the basin....'cause the taps were too hard to get off!

:D:D:D

If they work and were cheaper i'd use em, some never stay still for me,

What's the preferred method without using them?

Myself, brass back nuts, (need a decent long box spanner that will fit them as they're slightly smaller than norm) touch of something sticky if no washers with tap

You laugh but I had a lad start for me who told us he used tile cement to stick basins back ! He 's not with us any more :mad:

i use plumbers mait and a brass back nut

turn the tap to three o clock and tighten as much as poss then crack it round to near 6 o clock, maybe just past

used them on basin before with dodgy moulding around tap holes could not get tap to sit upright without them. Apart from that plumbers mait top hat washer and brass back nut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fix-a-tap??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock