Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting Vellamo touch Kitchen taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have been trying to fit a Vellamo touch tap but can't get water flow through, I can hear the tap clicking but nothing happens.

I've removed the URGENT prefix, this should be reserved for actual plumbing emergencies rather than cosmetic changes in bathrooms. :)

Firstly check the water supplies are turned on and you have adequate pressure ?
ensure the flexi connectors are not twisted , the click you hear will be a solenoid opening to allow the water through .

We have fitted the vellum touch tap today, the touch only works if you touch the battery box not the tap, with the battery disconnected the tap works normally. Can the controller be fitted the wrong way round the fittings each end seem to be different, and one flexible cable is already part of the tap.

As to flow the literature does not ask for 1.5 bar but it says minimum .5 bar , no max. Pressure can be an issue tho', and earthing if the fixing plate underneath touches a metal sink, regardless of worktop it is always worth fitting a rubbers seal as sometimes leaks/ damp from above can get thro to the underside.

We have a different problem that the flow works if you touch the battery box but not if you touch the tap can the controller be fitted the wrong way around ?

Reply to Fitting Vellamo touch Kitchen taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a plumber fit a new mono block kitchen tap. The water runs very slowly now. Also, not sure if this is to do with it, but my hot water doesn’t get as hot as it did with my old tap. Anyone help?
Replies
Views
Plumber had fitted a new mono kitchen tap. The hot water takes ages to get hot if at all. The on lever hadn’t much turn on it and it’s at full throttle. Also when I point tap to bowl with fairy liquid in, it doesn’t have enough power to make bubbles
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of a kitchen tap which requires the housing around the cartridge to be removed. The housing is much more than hand-tight and I was wondering if plumbers have experienced this type of tap and how the housing is removed without damaging it. Thanks.
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Hi, My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking. Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from. What I've done so far. I replaced the cartridge. Leak persisted. Bought some replacement seals and tried to put in place of the old ones. Here's what I did next. Remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock