Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting basin and ped advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. I'm fitting a basin and ped and I'm having a bit of bother. It's a roca basin with a high lip at the back that swoops down the sides. Thera no ridge on the base of the basin for it to sit on the ped but when I put it on flush the whole basin is out of level. If I put the back of the basin flush to the wall the from of it sits really low as if falling off the wall. Any advice??? Last time I just siliconed the basin in place as level as I could???

If the walls not level pull the bottom of the basin out from the wall and silicone the gap
if your screwing it up aswell makesure you use some spacers

Sometimes the porcalin mouldings can be crazy off,,,,, ive noticed quite alot of bad mouldings when customers think there getting cheap deals off the tinternet and the qaulity just isnt there , hence the price, if it can be returned go for it ,
Sometimes you need to put a packer under the pedestal to try and even it up or even a packer between the basin and pedestal, if there isnt a ridge and it looks daft you might have to make do with a real tidy bead of white silicone instead of a black shadow,

as said above really some times its better I find to use the fischer m10 basin fixings then place ped under and silicone in place once piped up as kris said usual to do with cheaper gear but to be fair I don't normally find roca bad at all

Well it's contract work so it must be cheap Roca. Thanks for the advice given. It's quite a big basin which is why the level of it sticks out a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting basin and ped advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My bathroom Basin was installed some years ago by a professional plumber. For whatever reason, the waste was fitted using silicone rather than plumber’s mate. The floor was originally tiled, but I replaced it with high quality vinyl, when fractures began to appear in the grout. As part of this...
Replies
Views
HI, I'd very much appreciate advice on what I can do with this . . . The wash basin in the bathroom has a plug which sits on a piece which is opened and closed by pressing down or pulling up a lever behind the tap and that had consistently failed as the adjustment gets misaligned so I would...
Replies
Views
Hi All I found this forum quite by chance this afternoon whilst looking for an answer to a plumbing question that I have following a rebuild of an annexe at our house. The annexe has a small ensuite containing a shower, washand basin and WC. The builder completed the work just prior to...
Replies
Views
My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to fail across the top of the pan and if you put a bit of weight on it it opens up by about 5mm. They've been in use (light use 4 toilets in a holiday...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock