Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting a Blanking Cap to a redundant waste pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello folks

I have what seems to be a standard 40mm white PVC pipe that used to hold the washing machine drain hose, which I wanted to cap off to avoid any water overflowing from (as my kitchen drainage seem to get blocked up easily, and it will probably be replaced within the next year).
I bought a McAlpine T23U as, according to Wickes it fits a 40mm pipe, but it seems very loose on the end of the pipe. I notice from McAlpine's technical drawing https://mcalpineplumbing.com/sites/default/files/uploads/drawings/T23U.pdf that it shows a 44.5mm internal diameter for the cap, which explains why it feels loose.
Have I bought the wrong thing, or should I have glued/siliconed the end of the pipe into the cap ?

Have you tightened the fitting ?

Reply to Fitting a Blanking Cap to a redundant waste pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside diameter euro pipe size outlet. I need to attach it to a 40mm UK size waste pipe and would prefer to solvent weld it as the pipe will be under a tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Bit of advice needed. Waste water pipe from bathroom sink came loose last night caused some water damage to ceiling below. My question is the brown pipe seems to have came loose, but seems to have just been pushed into thread above.There is nothing holding it in place, is this...
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission accomplished. However, I now have a further issue for which I would welcome any suggestions or advice. I decided to replace the McAlpine Pedestal...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the centre of the plughole. My understanding is that this screw being loose means that water is able to leak out between the bath waste and the waste...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock