Search the forum,

Discuss Electricity Storage from Solar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a 3.5kw solar array and I also have an iBoost to heat the hot water. While we generate a lot of electricity outside of heating the water, I wondered what options I have to collect this power to use when the sun goes down.

I only know of batteries but I do not know any more about them or other setups I could use.

Thanks, Daniel.

Only batteries / power wall best speak to the installer of your solar panels as they know your system

You'd need to do a lot of checking on the economics of battery storage.
You could be spending thousands with little hope of getting your money back.

Solar/battery bling, I am afraid. Do the maths, unless you have enough spare cash to buy a Tesla battery (ÂŁ5.4k) and have previously oversized your solar panels (new ones no longer receive any feed in tariff) and have a Tesla car which you use every day. Even less sense if you have access to off-peak electricity. Still if it stops you flying maybe worth while.

Reply to Electricity Storage from Solar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock